Saturday, November 28, 2009

Totally Random Musings

Black Friday-headed out to Wal-Mart at 4AM. I was sleepy and not excited. If you know me, this is not something I'd ever do and I enjoy shopping. Got what I need relatively quickly. My thoughts are...Never again! Too damn many people! I love people but I ABSOLUTELY HATE crowds. I am all for shopping on Cyber Monday. Also, why not offer deals all damn season long, we are in a recession! It might be more stimulating to the economy.

Thanksgiving Dinner-let's emphasize the word "Dinner." Dinner is usually eaten in the evening. We got invited to a "Leftover Dessert Gathering" on Thanksgiving. Guess what time the invite was for? Can you all believe it was for 5PM? I love all my friends but let me put out a memo....most Black folks don't eat that early. My family didn't plan to eat til after 6 and everything was completely done much earlier.

Despicable Behavior Part II and III-I haven't gotten around to posting the blogs of this title so I will just put my next two contenders for this title on blast right here. Dalia Dippolito, a newlywed from South Florida, tried to have her husband of six months, Michael Dippolito, murdered by a gun for hire. Her reasoning was that she wanted a townhouse and $240000 in cash all to herself. Umm, can we say divorce? Candidate number two is Antoinette Davis, a mother who reported her 5 year old child, Shaniya Davis missing, only for it to be found out later, that she attempted to prostitute the child and sell her into sexual servitude. WTF? Shanyia was found days later dead and a nation mourned for her and her father. Shout out to Shaquille O'Neal for paying for her funeral services.


Tiana-Yea! We finally have an African-American Disney Princess. Need I say more?

White House State Dinners-Don't be stupid folks. Someone is gonna lose their damn job over Tareq and Michaele Salahi crashing the dinner to honor the Prime Minister of India. Inquiring minds are wondering how the TV Celebrity Wannabes made it through security. Word is that she is going to be on the RHO Washington DC. Nuff said on that one too. (insert side eye..wink, wink)

Christmas Season-After being inundated with holiday decor well before Halloween, I am now over the holiday hype. I love Christmas, but really, does it have to get earlier and earlier every year. Soon we will just have Christmas music and decoration year round. I'm just saying...SMH

Oprah-She isn't leaving...she is starting her own network folks. Why the tears? I loves me some Oprah, Lawd knows I do....but she is human. I want to write and publish my book and have her endorse it so I can be catapulted to a bestseller in a matter of moments. After 25 years, she's accomplished much and now she is moving on. Let's face it, September 9, 2011 is a little far off and many things can happen. What better way to ensure continued viewership for the next 18 months? Hmm..then she launches her own network that reflects her "Values, vision, and interests." (insert raised eyebrow) I thought her show did all of that. So what does that mean? My simple thoughts would be that she will free herself to state that she really loves Gail, in the Ellen sense. Now I really don't watch Oprah that often but I saw her interview Ellen and her wife, Portia DiRossi and Oprah seemed extremely moved by their love for each other. I'm just sayin, I might be wrong but if I am not, you read it here first.

Old School Music-I miss it so much! Shout out to Roger Troutman & Zapp, EWF, Klymaxx, EnVogue, Boys 2 Men and so many more.

Unsung-on TV-1. Great show to see what happened to many now defunct musicians and musical geniuses. Check it out.

Okay, enough for now. Thanks for letting me get some of my thoughts out. I hope you are reflecting on the real meaning of Christmas. Jesus is the reason for the season!

Copyright November 28, 2009 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment