Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Living Water

Hey Folks! I am in a dry patch. You know, a little funk. Things are off in my world for various reasons. Don't get it twisted, I am still blessed beyond measure, but I am still down. When I am in this place, I turn to the Word or encouraging/inspirational quotes to feed my mind and soul. I am sure we all have little tricks to pull ourselves up and for me, nothing works better that God ministering through His Word. I keep an index card folio next to my bed. While I do my morning devotions, if a verse ministers to me, I write it in there for future reference. So I thought I would share some the verses that I depend on to give me back a little life and pep. If you are feeling blue, perhaps these same scriptures can also minister to your soul. I am going to stick with the NKJV to keep things simple. Also I have listed the verses in no particular order. Be blessed but more importantly, be a blessing.

Phillipians 4:6-8: Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus. Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy—meditate on these things.

Psalm 46:10: Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!

2 Corinthians 4:8-9: We are hard-pressed on every side, yet not crushed; we are perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not forsaken; struck down, but not destroyed—

Proverbs 17: 27-28: He who has knowledge spares his words, and a man of understanding is of a calm spirit. Even a fool is counted wise when he holds his peace; when he shuts his lips, he is considered perceptive.

James 1:12: Blessed is the man who endures temptation; for when he has been approved, he will receive the crown of life which the Lord has promised to those who love Him.

Psalm 30:5: For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life; weeping may endure for a night, but joy comes in the morning.

Zephaniah 3:17: The LORD your God in your midst, The Mighty One, will save; He will rejoice over you with gladness, He will quiet you with His love, He will rejoice over you with singing.”

Psalm 34:19: Many are the afflictions of the righteous, but the LORD delivers him out of them all.

1 Corinthians 15:33: Do not be deceived: “Evil company corrupts good habits.”


Proverbs 23:13-14: Do not withhold correction from a child, for if you beat him with a rod, he will not die. You shall beat him with a rod, and deliver his soul from hell.

1 Corinthians 15:58: Therefore, my beloved brethren, be steadfast, immovable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that your labor is not in vain in the Lord.

I haven't listed the verses in any particular order. They are as random as they come. Depends on the moment and mood or whatever I am going through as to whether something touches me enough to jot down. I certainly hope this encourages you in a dry spell. Maybe you have different verses that quench your thirsty soul. By all means, please share them. You never know who you might encourage at the time. Be blessed and be a blessing. That is the best that we can offer anyone at any time. Till next time, I hope I have watered your soul. Peace!

Copyright November 10, 2009 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment