Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Random Musings Again

So Many things going on, so little time to get them all down. What? With celebrating the birth of Christ, who has time to write it all down? I have to get things in where I can fit them in so.....who knew the end of the year would have us scratching our heads so often.


Tiger Woods-Ummm, to keep it short, I will say, Bruh(and you are a brother, so you just got a reality check), you screwed up. We all do. Unfortunately, the media never respects your boundaries when you mess up. They drop the rules and make up their own. We can all tell the tale whether you speak publicly or not. You had sexual relations outside of the marriage bed and got caught. Elin opened a can of Whoop a$$ on you and went the heck off. Girlfriend was going to wear that a$$ out with your golf club(if you tried that crap, you'd go to jail, it would be a damn weapon). You drove off in a tizzy, indignant that her kept, excuse me, well kept, a$$ challenged your infidelity and crashed your SUV. Kinda hard to keep the media whores from humping you for info. They are relentless. Now she's rumored to be revising her pre-nuptial agreement and you are apologizing like crazy. Yep the pre-nup will be revised, you will agree to the changes, after all she has your babies and that speaks volumes in most courts unless she is just trifling. Then you will do a Kobi(Bryant that is) and buy a ring that is a house...oh and probably a house that is a house as well. Won't be the end of story because now everyone will want to get paid and let's face it, tabloids will pay top dollar to put your ish on front street. So all the women will give you up and tarnish your name. Some of the endorsements might disappear. Does your sexual habits have anything to do with your golf game? Not at all but this will be the time they remind you that you are a Black Man. Need I say more? I doubt it because my readers are extremely intelligent.


Homosexuality-why has it become so stylish? I mean really. I don't hate the people who are living this lifestyle but I don't agree with it. When did it become acceptable for TV series to have at least one homosexual act(or relationship) in each episode? Do I have to see two women kiss every time I watch Greys or whatever other show? Ugh! Leave some things to the imagination. Meredith Baxter Birney revealed she was gay this morning on the Today Show. Come on, Alex Keaton's mom? Actually, I wasn't surprised but hey if it took her this long to figure it out welllll, I think it is suspect. No visibility, no roles, wanna resurrect my career or at least get people talking, reveal something publicly. Even our youngsters think being gay is cute. It's not. Parents don't be wimps, advise and guide your children...the decisions they make now can affect them for the rest of their lives. If you don't have their ear, their peers do, and they may not be giving them the right information if they are confused about their sexuality.

The Salahis-okay, they were dead wrong but they maintain their innocence. Come on people! We are not stupid. Your own family is calling you media whores. No more press for you on my blog.

Secret Service-don't slack on security. We ain't never seen no ish like that happen before. You all know folks are still ticked that Barack made it to the big, I mean White House.

Papparazzi/media-damn, give our nosey a$$e$ a break. Yes we have gotten used to the fact that you hide in trees and leap single buildings in a bound but really sometimes enough is simply enough. It's a wonder ain't nobody gone postal on y'all's crazy selves. Inquiring minds do want to know but there is a cost and nobody knows the price the constant pressure places on anyone. Sometimes you need to respect the privacy of others.

Sesame Street-they are 40 years old! How cool is that? They are still relevant and remain contemporary, teaching kids basic values and pre-school basics. They continue to maintain a level of diversity along with a good balance of celebrities hanging with those interesting muppet creatures. I loved Sesame Street as a kid and when I catch a glimpse of it now, I am still impressed.

Vampires-someone please tell me what the fascination is. I know the Twilight series is popular but really folks.....the books stores are now innundated with vampire knock-off series. Team Jacob or Team Edward? Who cares?

Having a pet-Audriel, this is for you. ;0 I was perfectly content with our very lazy chill beagle, Cinnamon and lo and behold, my son started asking us for "a bulldog named, Spike." I politely ignored the request and humored him appropriately. See I knew I'd end up taking care of said pup. My husband took it upon himself to start researching and found a heck of a del for a bulldog from a local breeder. He called me from work with this bright and brilliant idea to surprise DJ with his request. (raised eyebrow and scratching my head trying hard to hide my growing anxiety and anger-WTF moment). I maturely explain the burden of a new puppy with no home training. He agreed. Well a day or two later, he makes an executive decision and vetoes my vehement, resounding "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!" Another WTF moment. Let me just say that I am so not used to being vetoed. Excuse me, I need my reality back! So long story short we get Spike the American Bulldog at 8 weeks old. Damn, he was cute. He was still a puppy though. I love dogs, note the word, dogs, not puppies. Puppies need training. Spike is no exception. So after several months, there are several things that need to be replaced in my house. Spike is playful and man does he love to chew. Spike will chew on any and everything. Flip-flops, comforters, and Web-kinz are his favorite objects. If something has a tiny hole in it, Spike will find it and enlarge it and eventually the stuffing will be all over my floor. Spike is a typical bully dog and doesn't know when to leave his smaller big sister alone. He will ignore you when you call but let you call the other dog and Spike is off and running. I could go on and on but I will stop for now. Despite his shortcomings, Spike is loyal just like Cinnamon. Both of them are adept at reading people's moods and acting accordingly. They are man's best friend. Audriel, in other words, don't do it, get some fish! LMAO!

Christmas-it really is one of my favorite times of the year. I love the hustle and bustle. I love the spirit of charity. I love the music....ain't nothing like the Motown Christmas CD to get your spirits up. Aside from that, it is most important to remember the gift of Christ. He came to save us from all of our sins, past, present, and future. Christmas is a time of hope and renewed faith. None of us is perfect but Jesus Christ is. If you are missing joy or peace, seek a relationship with your Heavenly Father. Your life will change and the void will be filled. Jesus is the reason for the season and without Christ, there would be no Christmas.

Till next time, I wish you hope, joy, and the peace of this season. May Christ fill your heart with His presence and peace.

Copyright December 2, 2009 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

1 comment:

  1. There is a reason I waited till today to see this. Cuz I needed this laugh! See I need a Cinnamon in my life. Low maintenance and lazy. But what I will end up with, knowing my life in the sunshine, is a Spike, on meth. Not methadone, but the crystal stuff that makes folks scratch and hyper! Rub Spike's belly for me and pat Cinnamon on the head. Oh I can't stop laughing..... but I think I have sworn off dogs for now anyway. ROFLMAO!

    As for everything else, as usual you hit the nail on the head. Gay is the new black, but that don't make it cute. It's like people are having these epiphany's late in life and decide, oh I'ma go try this on. Uh no. They need to cut it out. Jesus loves everybody and I do to, but we don't have to like the behavior. That's all I'm saying.

    ReplyDelete