Thursday, December 24, 2009

All I Want For Christmas Is......

Children have been making their wish lists and checking them twice for weeks now. I'm done shopping and I know we have over indulged my children yet again. Funny, no one asked me for my list, so I thought I'd share it with you , my faithful readers. Really, it isn't what I want just for Christmas but the whole year through.


I wanna deeper relationship with God. Up close and personal. I want to be better about my quiet time. I don't want Him to neglect me so I have to make sure that I carve out time to sit at His feet and bask in His Sweet Presence.


I want the best for each member of my family. I want them to be safe and healthy. I want them to have giving spirits. I want us all to see each other more often and have the means to make that happen.


This year, I want to find a church that feeds the needs of each member of my small family. Sounds simple but it has been no easy task. In fact, it's been downright daunting. Who knew wanting a Bible teaching church who values family and has good praise and worship would be so difficult?


I want to become gainfully employed. That would alleviate a small bit of boredom I experience on a daily basis and make my husband extremely happy. I would like the job to pay well and challenge me without a commute. I also need to be able to maintain my side hustle, preparing tax returns. This would also allow us to return to being home-owners.


I would like to own another home in a diverse neighborhood with an excellent school system.


I would like to be able to take a trip without my kids so the hubby and I can connect as well as a family trip for my little family to better connect. You all need some time away from the mundane cares of life and the daily routine.


I want to be the best wife, mother, daughter, sister, aunt, cousin, co-worker, or friend that I can be. I want to let things roll off my back. I want to hold my tongue and attitude in check a little more.


I would like to handle all that life throws my way with wisdom and grace, without whining and complaining.


For each of my family members and friends who are suffering financially, I pray for employment with benefits.


Of course I'd like world peace, no recession, no racism or terrorism, safety and well being for the Obama family, as well as wisdom for our government leaders, and safety for all children.


So now you know how you can be praying for me. Of course we all know that God is in control. I will be praying for you and your family as well. If you sent me a holiday card with a picture, I will be placing it in an album and praying for your family(I stole that idea from my friend, Tracie Nall) during my daily devotions.

If you want to make a change, you might need to change what you do. I encourage you to be the best person you can be and to step out of your comfort zone sometimes. You just might bless someone else in the process. I hope that you are successful in all of your endeavors. Take time out each day to be thankful and to pray. In the words of Steve Harvey, "Prayer really does change things, you can take that to the bank!" From my heart and home to yours, I wish you bountious peace, hope, and love. Be safe. Till next time, "Merry Christmas! Christmas is about Christ, not about you! Peace!

Copyright December 24, 2009 by Pamela Cole Thorpe





No comments:

Post a Comment