Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Crunk Carols

I love Christmas but I really love Christmas music. Nothing gets me in the mood or spirit of the season other than a good Christmas song. The Motown Christmas Album(oops CD) is the absolute best. Here are a few of my favorites in no particular order. Check them out! Let me know what I might be missing. As always, get your Christmas jam on and if you don't have a spirit rousing play list, you can always borrow mine(you can tweak it later!).

1. Silent Night-Temptations
2. Santa Baby-Macy Gray
3. Hallelujah Chorus-Morman Tabernacle Choir
4. What Child is This-Vanessa Williams
5. O Holy Night-Mariah Carey
6. Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire-Nat King Cole
7. O Come All Ye Faithful-Luther Vandross
8. I saw Mommy Kissing Santa Claus-Jackson 5
9. White Christmas-Destiny's Child
10. This Christmas-Donnie Hathaway
11. Do You Hear What I Hear-Whitney Houston
12. The Little Drummer Boy-Temptations
13. Christmas Just Ain't Christmas-O'Jays


So get your holiday groove on. Trim the tree, decorate, and be cheerful. These songs should definitely help. Most importantly, reflect on the love of Christ and remember to reflect it in your day to day dealings. Without Christ, there would be no Christmas!


Copyright December 9, 2009 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

4 comments:

  1. How could you not have The Christmas Song by nat King Cole or Johnny Mathis and What Are you Doing New Years by Nancy Wilson? I also love Boyz 2 Men Let It Snow and Bing Crosby's White Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dorna, thanks for being a loyal reader. I did a few of my favorites. I love Christmas and the list could change daily. Your suggestions are good and yes I like all of them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silent Night by the Temptations.. WHEWWWWW one of my all time favorite Christmas songs!!!!

    ReplyDelete