Saturday, December 19, 2009

Walking in a Winter Wonderland




The storm actually hit Virginia! Yea us! As I write this post, the snow is still falling(and has been since about 8:45 PM) and it is so beautiful. My kids are ecstatic, my hubby(who has to shovel), not so much. My son is requesting a family snowball fight. My dogs are confused as all get out but the American Bulldog, Spike, is loving it. Cinnamon, the princess dog, not so much.

The ingredients for baking some really good cookies are set out. First up, oatmeal-raisin, and then sugar cookies that will be baked tomorrow. On tomorrow's baking agenda, chocolate chip and peanut butter blossoms, along with the sugar cookies, whose dough will have chilled long enough. Yum! The house will smell great.

I am going to rearrange the gifts under my tree. The gifts are randomly thrown under it right now. If you want something done right, do it yourself! I have two movies to watch and plenty of books to read. Life is good for me. I have already caught up with one my BFFs. Shout out to my my girl, Monica Ann Cowans. We've been friends since dirt! Going to catch up with a couple of others later on! Does it get any better than that? I don't think so!

Again, I wish each of you the joy of the season. Be safe! Share your blessings with others. Have a prosperous New Year!
Copyright December 19, 2009 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

1 comment:

  1. Peanut butter blossoms?? I think I soooo need that recipe!

    ReplyDelete