Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Tiger, Could Ya Roar Any Louder?

Okay so I am gonna say my piece on Tiger and hopefully this will be it. First of all, let me just say that I have never really been a huge fan of Tiger. Y'all know I'm cynical, soooo bear with me. I am proud of his abilities on the golf course but I was not a fan of his persona at all. His aloof demeanor was always a turn off for some reason.

As recent events have transpired, we see that his personally crafted life was out of control. His fierce desire to maintain his privacy was obviously born out of his fear of revealing his copious sexual indiscretions. All of the women were Caucasian party girls. WTF? They are coming out the wood work like roaches. They are dying to tell their stories. So he liked them dumb and trophy like. Elin was attractive but not beautiful enough to keep him from straying. This says a lot about him, in my opinion. Once a frat party boy always a frat party boy!

Tiger's problem is this......He tried to play the game and lost. Here is his Black card reality check. We can't do what they do, no matter how much your black a$$ is loved and admired. Come on bruh, and your ass is a brother......an attorney on retainer to quiet the bimbos who wanted to out you. Let's be real! Reality check number two, your jealous colleagues, who are probably guilty of the same indiscretions, are dogging you out every chance they get. You now see who your true friends are. That is what happens when there is a scandal. Reality check three, you are screwing with your money in more ways than one despite the fact that if you never earned another dime you'd still have more money than you could spend in a lifetime. Elin is getting seriously paid as she has revised that pre-nup, and she has your children. Endorsements are being lost as your name is being defamed on national news and talk shows everywhere. Reality check #4, bad press is fine if you have good PR people. Unfortunately you are no media darling and if you had PR people, well they need to be fired. Reality check #5, if you couldn't be loyal how could you expect those in your camp to be loyal?

As a sister, an African-American sister, I am annoyed that you never saw fit to deal with one sister. We come in all shapes, hues, and we are beautiful in all of our glory. When I look at Tiger, I see a partying frat boy who never grew up. Funny, life has a way of making you grow up. We will all face our demons someday, no matter how powerful we are nor how much money we possess. So who cares where Tiger(or Elin) are hiding out. Remember, to whom much is given, much is required.

All this said, I feel bad that yet another family's dirty laundry is playing out in very public television. Nobody deserves to have to resolve their private business under public scrutiny. The public doesn't deserve to hear from you because they are going to draw their own conclusions anyway. You do need to work on being a better person, husband, father but we all need to improve as well. I am not sure if you making a public statement would make a difference.


Do we really care? No! There are much bigger issues going on in the world. Now Tiger could have the last laugh, according to my hubby, he could divorce Elin and pay her a mere fortune, win the Masters etc, and retire and screw all the women he wants for the rest of his life. UGH! I am sure that scenario would piss off a whole host of people. So that's it, I have no more to say(on this subject). Yes, I am late but this was on deck, I just didn't post it timely. Forgive, me! I love y'all! What do you think? What is your opinion of Tiger Woods? Has it changed?

Copyright January 13, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't a fan then, and really not one now. Like you said, he let his immature party boy swag get in his pocket. If he doesn't have a nervous breakdown maybe he can come back and hit a few more balls so he won't be broke but we'll never see him on another Gillette commercial! I'm glad his daddy did not have to endure this nightmare.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never liked him. What I find funny, is not alot of African American did and now that he has "messed up" I guess, the ones buying all the golf balls and shirts are in "shock". The Golden Child made them look like a fool I guess... but thats just me.

    ReplyDelete