Wednesday, January 13, 2010

My Daily Prayer

Some days I pray randomly and all throughout the day others, I pray at night or in the morning. This year I thought I'd do something a little differently. So I developed a prayer that I'd say every day to remain consistent and watch God work. I thought I'd share it with you. Perhaps you will be inspired to come up with your own prayer or to personalize mine. The point is to connect with God each and every day. After all, He is all about relationship. Prayers simply begin a on-going conversation with God. They will change you and your perspective. It will also force you to see exactly how great God really is. Here it goes!

Father God, I come to you acknowledging that I fall short on a daily basis. You are worthy and deserving of my praise. It is my desire to live a life that is pleasing to You. Please order my steps and guard my lips. Help me to seek to do Your will and not my own. Please penetrate the deepest parts of my heart. Give me a hunger and thirst for Your Word.

Lord, you know my every need. You know my deepest desires and fears. You also know my hurting places. Help me to flee from sin, anger, malice, and bitterness. Help me to encourage those in my circle and be a mighty witness for you. Help me also to be a good steward of my time, talents, and finances. Help me to use what I have to advance Your Kingdom.

Lord, I pray for my family, friends, acquaintances, and the unsaved. Lord, I pray for our leaders, that they make good decisions. I pray for the safety of our military, bless and keep their families. Lord let me not forget how blessed I am even on my worst day. Let me be mindful of those less fortunate. Open doors for me to share Your Goodness! Thank you for the doors You open and the ones that You close, I know that what You have for me, is for me. Finally Lord, thank You for blessing me with a group of friends who know You and can pray when I have no words, And when they can't pray, I thank You for the Holy Spirit who intercedes on my behalf. To You all glory and honor are due..In the matchless Name of Jesus, AMEN!

Copyright January 13, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment