Saturday, January 9, 2010

My Nook Is Here!!


Okay so I still really don't feel like putting my fingers to keys and typing the blogs in my head. Sorry folks, I am not sure what the problem is but I can assure you that eventually, it shall pass. I am excited to share with you the fact that I have finally received my Nook. Y'all know that I am a book whore! I love to read! Any book store makes me happy just by being there for me to browse the latest titles. So imagine having a bookstore that you can hold in your hands.

For those of you who are not aware of what a Nook is, it is Barnes & Noble's(B&N) electronic reading device. Think Amazon's Kindle or Sony's E-Reader. Originally, I wanted a Kindle but after much study, I thought I'd like the Nook better. In other words, whole books are downloaded to a portable device. To be able to download and port my books in a hand-held device, well for me, that is MAJOR.

My Nook finally came yesterday and I wasted absolutely no time getting it charged and ready for use. As of today, I have downloaded five whole books and eight book samples. The sample allows you to read at least the first chapter(or more) before you purchase. You can sample anything before you buy. The cost of the books range from free to $9.99. Most bestsellers and newly published books are at the higher end price-wise. Not bad for new hard backed books which would normally cost you anywhere from $17 to $27. Not only are books available but also magazines and newspapers. How cool is that?

I can download pictures and music to personalize and enhance my Nook experience. I ordered a pretty case for it today. It is small enough to fit in my purse. It is about the size of a 5x7 picture and very light in weight. Every time I look at it I smile. I can share(or lend) the books I purchase with a friend too. My sister will get hers in a couple of weeks and she can't wait. If she had it today, she'd be locked in her bathroom with it. I understand totally. The other good thing is that your books download to the device and your on-line account. There is no space taken up in your home or on your bookshelf. If you take your Nook with you to B&N, it will recognize the store and offer you additional deals. All that said, I am an extremely happy camper. So I owe a huge amount of appreciation to my husband who gave me the most cherished gift this past Christmas. Meat, I love you and I appreciate the thoughtfulness. Now, don't forget to give B&N gift cards if you are ever in doubt of a gift idea for me. Hint, hint, hint! LOL! So I gotta go, read of course. Y'all know reading is FUNdamental! Till next time, Ciao!

Copyright January 9, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment