Tuesday, November 19, 2013

You Need a Friend or Two

I spent part of my weekend hanging out with several of my good girlfriends. Of course we couldn't get together without seeing The Best Man Holiday.  Like most women who saw the film, we laughed and cried and laughed some more. We thoroughly enjoyed the male eye candy. Morris Chestnut is mighty fine! Seriously though, the movie was good, really good. It was a worthy sequel to a much adored film.

I am not reviewing the movie. I just want to give it a shout out because it was an ode to life and friendship. If you live long enough, you will see friends come and go, and you will experience the highs and lows of life with them. Sometimes, you will have epic battles that strain the relationship, and at others, life's blows will make those battles insignificant and draw you back together because you can't imagine any other folks who could share this experience with you.

The Best Man Holiday is a life film. It isn't a Black film. You can check out a great blog on that here: blog.  It is my story and it can easily be your story, whoever you are. We all get by with a lil help from our friends--Those friends who know our hearts and for whom no explanation for the craziness in your life is needed.  I have those and I hope you do too. I encourage you to see the film. It will lend to great discussion afterward, even if you didn't already know and love each and every one of the characters. Then, celebrate the people you cherish most, the friends that see you through thick and thin, that are your ride or dies. Life is short, don't be lonely-open your heart! Proverbs 27:17(NLT) says," As iron sharpens, iron, so a friend sharpens a friend". Who in your world is sharpening you?

In Diva Love,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment