Tuesday, November 5, 2013

A Season of Gratitude

It's November which is the kick-off of my favorite time of year. I absolutely love Thanksgiving and I enjoy shopping for Christmas. I am amazed and in awe at the beauty of colors that God has fashioned for us during the Autumn season. It remains the best time for family photos in the outdoors. This season usually puts me in reflective mode. i am constantly reviewing the years happenings and giving thanks for the many blessings that God has bestowed upon me and those with whom I do life. 

Like most people, I try to post at least one thing on Facebook that I am thankful for every day. There are many small blessings each day no matter whether things are going well in your life or not. If you wake up in America with food, clothing, and shelter, you have most third world countries beat. If you can add peace of mind or health to that,  well you are winning in life. Love would be the cherry on top. Everyone I know has at least three people that they know love them. So what am I really trying to say?

The message is clear. You are blessed. As such, you should be blessing others. Sharing your gratitude helps other folks realize their own blessings. God didn't give us any resources to hoard up for ourselves. Everything is to be shared to build up and edify others. The life you live may be the only testimony some people see. Touching another person's life is a priceless venture. Not only do they feel good but, my goodness, it does wonders for you too!

I am overwhelmingly thankful for so many things but as I sit typing this blog, I am thankful that I have a voice. Yes, I have kept it to myself for almost a whole year and I do regret it but as I stated before, sometimes you have to be quiet and let God have His way. He is not through with me yet but I can use my voice. My valley season is by no means over but I still have unspeakable joy. When praises go up, blessings do come down. I am abundantly thankful for favor. I have problems and often, I don't know how they will be resolved. Fortunately for me, things ALWAYS seem to work out. God's favor ain't always fair but I rejoice whenever it falls upon me. I hope that you will find joy and peace in the small things....be grateful for whatever comes your way. Yes, you do have to stand in a position of praise during difficult times. It isn't easy but complaining doesn't help. Never lose hope, God sees you in the midst of it all and He understands. So, my friends, what are you praising God for? Please, share your blessings, name them one by one. It will increase your faith and give others' a sense of hope.

In praising Diva mode,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment