Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Mommy Blahs #1

I have a headache as I type this blog. My oldest child is 14 and she is a Freshman in high school. She is a very intelligent young lady whose goal appears to be excelling in underachievement. You'd have to understand that my hubby is the consummate overachiever and I simply don't settle for mediocrity. God has challenged me with both of my children. they love life and everything about it but they aren't pressed about making a statement and leaving their marks. OMG! I was a busy in  high-school and college. I was NOT an A student, in fact, I was an average student. I did however participate in any and everything. My husband was #2 in his class and he too was a busy student. My kids are content to sit back and chill. Lawd, this entitlement generation is going to give me a coronary. We are miffed because nothing in us has prepared us for handling this.

I don't want to impose my agenda on my children but I know it is my role as a parent to spur them to greatness. My daughter has the ability to be an A student. She is lazy and hates to study. She is NOT interested in participating in any activities. My issue is this, if you aren't super busy with activities, you have to be an awesome student. Hubby and I are ranting about being well rounded for college applications and you know what? It is frustrating as all get out! She doesn't get it and we can't make her. Anyhoo, God has shown me yet another area of specific prayer! Pray for me and my children! I keep telling my kids to tap into their God-given power. Them being afraid of their power limits their friends. I think they need to spur their friends to greatness. and vice versa.  It is stressful when you see things in people that they fail to see in them selves. Don't get me wrong, there are adults who suffer from this but children still have more hope and potential to impact their niche.

Okay, I think I am over it now! Well not really! Thank goodness for God's grace and mercy. More importantly, for His plan. He has mapped out a future for both my children. No level of underachievement will keep them from doing that which He has for them to do. That nugget is keeping me sane right now. Thanks for allowing me to rant on what for most bloggers is Wordless Wednesdays! Love you guys!

In Kicking & Screaming Diva Love,


Pam :)

2 comments:

  1. Hilarious, welcome to the world I left behind. (Charles) Some3thing happens when they reach high school. Good Luck and GOD Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl I could have been looking in the mirror when I read this. Jared is the exact same way. Complains that school is too hard but that's because he expects to breeze through. he's the type of student that has to work for it! When he applies himself he does wonderfully. Amiel, 22, has dropped out of community college. At first I was pressing him, but then realized it's his life to live not mine. He wants to follow his dream of being a dj and guess what? He's doing it. Living on his own, booking jobs in clubs and he's happy. Dad & I continue to encourage him. I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do when I grow up..lol

    ReplyDelete