Tuesday, September 1, 2009

What Moves You?

On a bad day, what can turn your frown upside down? For me, it is the little things. For someone else, it may be something monumental. Whatever the case, we are all moved by something. It's that little thing that touches our hearts and takes our spirit a little higher. It's that still small voice of God whispering in our ears letting us know that everything is going to be all right (ref: I Kings 19:11-13). Whatever it is that moves us will inspire us to do better, be better, or feel better.

If I am in a valley, it is easy to focus on the doom and gloom of the moment. Sometimes the valley experience is long and tenuous. While I have little or no control over how long that situation will last, I know that I have to be content wherever God has placed me (ref: Phil 4:11). So what moves me to a happier place? Little things like an inspirational song that speaks to your heart, or an unexpexcted greeting card, with just the right words go a long way. There is nothing like an unprompted hug or kiss from your children. If you know me well, a good book (or really good food-think ice cream or crab legs) will always do the trick. I really love random acts of kindness. So what moves you when you are down? Share it with me, it may help someone else.

What if nothing manifests itself and takes you to a better space? Well the answer is simple....it lies in you. Change your mindset, focus on the positive and turn it over to God. Accentuate the positive and move yourself to a better place. What we put out, is what we get back. Sometimes we can't afford to wait on external forces to move us, we have to take control of our own destiny and MOVE ourselves forward. What are you waiting for? A better space is calling, don't you think you owe it yourself to answer?

Copyright: September 1, 2009 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment