Saturday, September 5, 2009

That Gets on My Damn Nerves!!!!!!!!!

This is such a random post but since you are still getting to know me, I thought it might be worth the share. Pet peeves exist for all of us. What is yours? What just really irritates the heck out of you and gets you boiling on the inside? For some reason, people's pet peeves crack me up. I know we all have them, but it is the reason for them that interest me. Now I know you don't really give this much thought on a daily basis and frankly neither do I. When folks address them though, I wonder what made this particular thing grate on their nerve. Does it trace back to childhood? Was there some bad experience? Or is it simply intolerance? No matter where it originated, there is at least a couple of things that you can say, "Now that ish really gets on my nerve!"


Being the optimistic individual that I am, I want things to simply be fair for everyone. All children deserve the same opportunities. That said, I am a still a realist and I know that as a society, we are so far from that utopia. So what? I still want the playing field to be equal for everyone.  Pet peeve numero uno, inequality, injustice, all things unfair.

That leads to my second pet peeve. Selfishness. UGH! Not cute folks. Selfishness is not just about material things. You can be selfish with your talents, emotions, and time. You might just be self-absorbed and self-centered. While your universse may only consist of you, there is a whole big world out there that may need what you have to offer. Don't confuse this with me saying that we don't all need a little ME time because we really do. You can be in a friendship and be selfish. Translation: you never call, You make a plan and then blow them off/leave them hanging, you take the other person's being there for granted.

Number three, lying. It would be better to say nothing than to just flat out tell an untruth. I have ended a long term friendship because I couldn't trust what came out of this person's mouth. Who wants to have to question everything a person says? That is the position I found myself in. OMG! She lied about any and everything and it made me sick.

Numero four....shout out to Toot, my blogging/video making cousin because we agree on this one. Ever been in a public restroom with say, six stalls? You enter an empty restroom and choose a stall far from the door. While you are handling your business another person enters and passes 3 stalls only to go do their business, where? Yep, in the stall rigfht next to you. Yuck! What the heck is that about. While I am addressing the public restroom, let me remind you folks to turn around and clean up the toilet seat after yourself, to wash your hands with soap (I hate  hand rinsers, too), and to leave your cell phone conversations somewhere else. Ohh, please don't bring your drinks into the bathroom. Ugh! 

Enough for now, we will revisit this topic again because I haven't even scratched the surface of things that irritate the hell out of me. Just wanted to get the ball rolling. I'm curious though....what irritates you? How do you react?

Copyright: September 5, 2009 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS!!! We are so in agreement on these. My top one is RUDENESS!! There is ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY no reason for it! It is truly the one thing that can take me from Dorna to Dorniqua in a heartbeat!! As for the bathroom stall, I have decided the next time it happens, I'm going to start banging on the stall walls! That really pisses me off, no pun intended!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam you are a trip...I get it though. I am going to have to think for a minute on what really irritates me.

    ReplyDelete