Saturday, August 29, 2009

Random Stuff about Miss Read

If you are reading this blog, I am so happy you blessed me with your time and presence. I am not sure what drew you here, but I do feel that you should know a little about me. So here is some random info to give you a better sense of who I am, or not. So what should I share....hmmmm. Here is what I'd like you to know at this point. I mean, really, it is a little early in this relationship to be telling you all of my business. :)

I am a work in progress in almost every area of my life. I struggle most trying to be a child of God, a good wife, and a good mother.

I am the ultimate procrastinator. My best work comes under pressure. This blog, for example, has been in my head for almost a year.

I have a 95 year old grandmother who is in pretty good shape. My prayer is to age as gracefully, with my faculties in tact, as she has.

I married a man with whom I'd been platonic friends with for over 10 years. Despite the friendship, our marriage is still work and sometimes communication is difficult.

Where good food and good friends are gathered and conversation is flowing, I am extremely happy.

Love: seafood, ice cream, beaches, good books, random acts of kindness, appropriate greeting cards.

Hate: selfishness, lying, whining, violence, thoughtless/rude people, ungratefulness.

Born in Detroit, raised in Cleveland, OH; resided in Pittsburgh, PA; Baltimore, MD; Jacobus, PA; Albany GA, and Bristow, VA.

Raised by a single mom who made parenting seem effortless, with the help of very loving grandparents who kept me grounded and taught me to always try to do the right thing and be the best at whatever I was doing.

I want to own a Hallmark and Baskin-Robbins franchise. I love my ice cream and greeting card stores make me feel good.

I think that Supreme Court Justices should serve no more than 12 years and should not be over age 55 when they take office.

I know that Barack needs a Sista-girl panel to advise him on how to resolve some issues. Actually, all the Presidents of the US need a street level advisory board to keep them grounded and in touch with reality. I know just the people who could take America to a whole nother level.

I am keenly aware that being an adult is over-rated. I wish this new generation would quit rushing life and enjoy being young. Bills, stress, sex, and everything else will still be there.  Yep, your parents may seem old and their ideas antiquated but they have been there, done that, and have life experiences that would blow your mind. Teens/Kids, you are definetely NOT SMARTER than your parents.

I thinks that life without God, love, books, music, and beaches would be incomplete.

I am an eternal optimist(alway hoping and praying), who always sees the glass half full. Trials are there to mature and strengthen us.

I love life and I enjoy people.

I have a plethora of very diverse friends who inspire and challenge me to be better, do better, and want better for myself and others.

I can read a situation and I know that trying to please other people will cause you to compromise yourself. Being true to yourself doesn't mean you don't love, care, or empathize with someone else. If you are not whole, you can't help someone else.

I would love to start a foundation that addresses illiteracy, mentoring African-American teens, and poverty. Community service is important. Our children need to be taught to give back.

My life verses: Galatians 2:20; Jeremiah 29:11-13; Psalm 27; Psalm 46:10; I Timothy 1:7; Philippians 4:6-8; Proverbs 19:21; James 1:12; I Corinthians 13. I meditate on them daily. If you need a life-line, check out any of these verses and I am sure they will bless your heart.

Well, I think, that is enough for now. After all, I want you to keep reading. While I have put myself out there, a girl must have some secrets. You can't bare it all on your first few dates, You might scare some folks away. LOL! I am who I am as Popeye would say. Love me or hate me, you probably won't forget me. Till next time....Ciao!

Copyright: August 29, 2009 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment