Thursday, October 13, 2011

Are You Really Mine?

Have you ever looked at your children or the children in your life and wondered where the hell they came from? Well I have been having those moments quite often lately. My children make me scratch my head in wonder. They are opinionated. They are fearless. They have ideas and values that don't line up with what we have taught them. Who are these minis and where did they come from? Are they really mine or did the hospital send me home with the wrong babies?

All I can say is this happens more and more frequently. It makes me shudder and step up my prayer life. I am preparing these children and eventually they are gonna be unleashed on the world. Will they be viable productive contributors to society? It is part of my daily thought life.

The story of the Prodigal Son gives me hope. Right now, I wouldn't classify my children as prodigals but the possibility exists that they could one day fall into this category. Some of the words that escape their lips scare me. Yet, I remain hopeful. Why? Because the Bible tells me so. Proverbs 22:6 states, "Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it." (NKJV)

We as parents, aunts, uncles, godparents or grandparents can only impart wisdom and knowledge. We must do it consistently and continuously. Hopefully, when our babies lose their minds, as they inevitably will, they will always be drawn back to the solid lessons and foundation that you have raised them upon. Eventually, they will be productive members of society. You have to do your part and let God handle the rest. After all, it is all His business, not ours. Till next time, smile and bless someone else!!

Copyright October 12, 2011 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment