Monday, October 31, 2011

Diva Digression-October, 2011

For the first year ever, I chose to give out the candy instead of caravan through the neighborhood with my children on Halloween. Normally, hubby gives out the candy. In our subdivision, Halloween is highly celebrated. I am not a fan, but have given in to the pressure and let my kids participate. Let me issue a short PSA......people please teach your children basic manners. "Please" and "Thank You" are essential to every day living. It really is a simple tenant that should have begun the moment you began to teach your children to talk. If you don't have/use manners, make it a part of your daily living. I mean seriously, rude adults create rude children. Please do this for me! I thank you in advance!

People Pimping the American public........Right now, I am highly irritated that I keep seeing the Madoff family everywhere promoting their book. You may feel wronged by Bernie but have you no compassion for the people he left in financial ruin. You lived high off the hog long enough. We don't care about your story. Right now many people are barely making it and frankly, I don't think they give a damn about your plight. I may be wrong but it is my honest opinion.

Next on the chopping block is Kim Kardashian. You have been married for 72 days and you are filing for divorce. Really? Every time I turn on my television, you are out, without your husband. How can you make a marriage work when you are never together? Oh, I am sorry, you really did it for the financial payoff, didn't you? In this paparazzi driven society, you were well compensated for your wedding photos. I bet you didn't have to shell out a dime for anything because your name alone could get you over(Whew! I am having a Star Jones flashback). So my question is this, will you be returning your gifts? I mean it is only right since you will not be setting up a house and filling it with love and memories.

Finally, I am calling out the NBA athletes. Basketball is one of my favorite sports. Every one of you make more money in a year than many will see in a lifetime. Do you really need 51% of the owners profits? If you got those funds, are you gonna do something to make a difference in the lives of others? Yes, I know some of you do lots of charitable things but you also live extravagant lifestyles. Your love of money seems to be trumping your love of the game. Do you all ever think about the fans? You entertain, you don't teach. In other words, in the grand scheme of things, we can take or leave you. Your impact on the world is not that serious.

That's it for now! The year is winding down. Tomorrow, we enter the season of Thanksgiving. Take a moment each day and list at least 3 things that you are thankful for! You are so blessed and sometimes we are all guilty of forgetting that very fact. Till next time, be a blessing!

Copyright October 31, 2011 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment