Saturday, October 22, 2011

A Moment of Clarity

Sometimes, I have so much on my mind that I want to share that I shut down and don't share a thing. Other times, I have something very heavy and pressing on my heart but still can't express it tactfully or with out hurting some one's feelings. Again, I don't share.  I have decided that I am going to write more and free myself of having to have a topic simply because it is cathartic for me. The call for me to write is for me, to free my mind, and ease my pain, share some insight, encourage a friend, and to work through my issues. Consider yourself warned, I may only have a sentence or two to share but I am still passionate about food, travel, parenting, marriage, and books. I am still not short on my opinion on a wide range of current and past historical events.  Remember, this is my therapy. While this vehicle is mine, I do want to be sensitive to my family, friends, and readers. That being said, today I just want to encourage anyone reading this and feeling some kinda way.

Life really is a series of ups and downs, many of them out of our control. We can't can't control people, nor can we control circumstances. Sometimes we have to surrender our agendas. Sometimes we have to forgive. At others, we have to forget. And still others, we have to change our minds and our hearts. No matter what you are forced to do, remember, life is simply a journey and God has already written the plan. Psalm 30:5 states, "For His anger is but for a moment, His favor is for life;  Weeping may endure for a night, But joy comes in the morning."(NKJV) Morning always comes. With the dawning of a new day, we have the opportunity to see a situation through fresh eyes and begin anew. Don't let anyone steal that from you. Till next time, have a great weekend!

Copyright by Pamela Cole Thorpe on October 22, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam, I was awarded with the Liebster award and I am passing it on you!
    Stop by my blog to pick up your award: http://momdoesreviews.com/2011/10/30/liebster-award-winners-please-step-forward/
    http://sporadicpublication.blogspot.com/2011/10/liebster-award-winner-sharing-love.html

    ReplyDelete