Thursday, August 25, 2011

Diva Digression

Yes, this something new. I am calling it "Diva Digression."  This will be the forum I use to vent. I will try to keep these to a minimum but hey, sometimes life hands you lemons and not only do you make lemonade but you might have to pour it in a glass and throw it in some one's face. I hope you like my choice of titles.

Today's rant is on double-minded individuals. The one that has caused this angst is my boss. The reader's Digest short version is this. She is a marketer, not an administrator and therefore my place of work is always in a state of confusion and chaos. She chooses to please her vocal parents and undervalues her dedicated employees. I work at a Montessori school, which I will leave nameless, since I don't know who reads my blog. New employees are thrown into the mix with little or no training and left to learn the ropes on their own or from older employees who had to do the same thing.My boss's gift is doing the opposite of what her employees request or need.

Case and point, my co-worker changed her schedule for the summer with the expectation that she'd return to her old schedule in the Fall. Well her old schedule has been given to the boss's daughter(yes, nepotism is alive and well in America) and she is being forced to reduce her hours and work a different shift. I went in to interview for an office position and was given a position working in the classroom with children. Another employee wanted to work in the classroom and is working in the office. I was always clear that I wanted a part-time schedule between 9:30 AM and 4 PM. I worked Full-time all summer and now I am being told that my request may not be able to be accommodated. In June, I was promised and assured that I would be able to work those hours in the fall.

So what is a girl to do? I am irritated to say the least. Hence this blog. I could go on and on about how poorly things are managed at work but I will not. I need to pursue my passion. My aunt Dorothy will call me and tell me, "Girl, you know you need to write that book so you can become independently wealthy. You know you don't like that job(or them nasty kids) anyway."  Well she is honest and on point. So I am requesting your prayers and encouragement, life is too short to sweat the small stuff. Pray that God will put the exact book on my heart and it will flow out of me. I know I can't write a book unless that happens. When I write a blog, it usually flows out of me with little or no editing. The exception are blogs of a sensitive nature. They too flow but I do revise them so as not to alienate anyone. If that is not His will at this time, I am okay with that. I do need Him to open a door for me though because I have gotten used to the money. Till the next time that I need to digress...Peace and blessings to each of you. Oh and tell a friend to check the blog out! Ciao!!

Copyright August 25, 2011 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment