Sunday, August 7, 2011

Diva Dialogue-August, 2011

We had an awesome time on the Carnival Dream! the people we met, the ports we visited were beautiful. St. Thomas remains my favorite place. And no, I was not the recipient of a lovely piece of jewelry.  You know the deals there are fantastic! Liquor deals are the best there too! LOL!I am sufficiently tan and returned relaxed. The FUNship was full of folks-about 800 children and a total of about 3500 passengers in all, with a staff of about 1300. Can you believe that-a small city floating in the ocean! Okay so it wasn't my first cruise. Some things had changed but not necessarily for the better. My chief complaints would be that the quality of food had declined some. It wasn't bad, it just wasn't memorable. Our best meal was had at the Steakhouse for which we had to pay an additional surcharge.I confess, we are foodies.  My other complaint would be that the staff was not as friendly as my first cruise. They were not rude just really subdued. Anyhoo, if I choose to cruise again, I would like to try a different cruise line. I am thinking Norwegian, no dress codes and no assigned meal times. Next year we are going to an all inclusive resort somewhere. My mind is already drifting to the possibilities! Can you tell that I live for vacations? LOL!

When you vacation is over, it is over! Going back to work is a serious reality check, no matter how much fun your vacation was or how relaxed you got. I returned to work with no shortage of stories of exactly how much drama occurred. Let's just say that after a week and a half, I am already trying to figure out when I can schedule a few days off. BTW, before I returned to work, we took in 2 films. We saw Transformers and Harry Potter 7. I wasn't feeling the Transformers. In fact, it down right bored me.  I loved the final installment of HP7. JK Rowling should be very pleased. As a fan, I felt the movie held to the story. It was an excellent adaptation and a fitting end to a great coming of age story. On Wednesday, The Help comes out. It is highly anticipated by most everyone who has read the book. I am looking forward to seeing it with my girls.

Last week, my son went a way to Boy Scout camp. It was his first time away from home with no family. I was excited for this milestone in his life. He was fearfully excited. Boy, was my house quiet. I missed his unexpected hugs and random history facts. His sister missed picking on him. I did use the week to bond with my daughter. She went to work with me everyday. She realized why I come home frustrated too. She fell in love with the babies and by the end of the week had kicked me and my 2 year olds to the curb. My son returned home, dirty and smelly. He had a great week of hiking, archery, and learning to load and shoot a BB gum. He informed that they "made me eat healthy everyday."  When asked if he'd do it again, his reply was that he would but he'd need at least six months to adjust to being back at home. I, of course, burst out laughing. You have to know that my son is most content when everyone is under one roof and preferably all in the same room.

Okay, work is getting in the way of my real life. I am praying for some changes, big and small, to take place sooner, rather than later. I haven't had much energy to blog. I haven't completed a blog on meanness. It is necessary and I will finish it soon. Not only have I not been blogging but I haven't done a great deal of reading either. Both of which tend to keep me sane. For now my stress relief is in the form of Angry Birds, Words With Friends, and my newly discovered game, Hanging With Friends. Honestly, today is the first time I have gotten on my computer since my vacation other than to pay bills. I play all the games on my Ipod. All that said, please lift me in your prayers. I am praying about work, the provision of a reasonably priced vehicle, and for some other issues that I have entrusted to the Lord. I am not stressed just feeling off about a few things. So till next time I feel like logging on to my computer long enough to type, remember that I appreciate you all. I am in a strange place of reflection but not feeling the need to share. Another reason for the limited amount of blogs. Hopefully the writer's block will go away and I will get back to my place of normal. Ciao!!!

Copyright on August 7, 2011 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment