Thursday, April 28, 2011

Royalty or bust?

So...Who's caught up in the drama of the Royal Wedding? Who is getting up early to watch? Who is setting your DVR(Tivo) to record it?  Who wants to know who designed Kate Middleton's dress? Who really cares? Is it really that serious?


The hype over their nuptials and all the pomp and circumstance is really getting on my last nerve.Thank God it all ends tomorrow. We will all know who designed the dress and how long the train is. God forbid it look as painful as Princess Di's. We will know who attended and who wore the flyest hat. We will no longer be subjected to seeing every bar, hotel, and other places they spend their time. I won't even discuss the various souvenirs and paraphernalia being sold with the faces plastered all over them.

People are camping out. People have gone to London to be a part of the atmospshere. We really have become obsessed with all things Kate & William. We should all be well aware of the etiquette involved. We know how long it will take to get to Westminster Abbey. The photographer who gets the first shot of Kate will be the cat's pajamas. Kate Middleton's life will never be the same.  Her life will never be her own either. I do like that she and William sort of don't play by all the rules. I l also love that they are charitable and seem to enjoy partying. They are young and they should be having the time of their lives.

All that said, if you live on the East Coast, you need to get up before the crack of dawn to catch the festivities. I just wanna remind you that if you miss it, there will be highlights all day long and I'm sure all weekend too. The knock off dress will be available by Monday at a fraction of the price. I am not a hater but there is so much going on in the world that it is difficult to muster excitement over a wedding. I hope they really love each other and they know they need a third party involved to make it. I am referring to Jesus, if you are clueless. I will not be getting up to witness the nuptials, nor will I record it. I pray they make it.  Right now my mind is on the victim's of the past week who have been affected by the tornadoes. I am impressed that NBC's Brian Williams decided to leave the Royal festivities to return to the States and cover our tragedies. Excellent move on his part. I mean that is serious news. So you all let me know what I miss. As if I will be able to avoid it! I am not obsessed with Royalty but I stand in the Presence of Royalty several times a day. Jesus Christ is King of Kings, and the Prince of Peace. That is truly the only royalty I care about. That's all for the moment. Ciao!

Copyright by Pamela Cole Thorpe on April 28, 2011

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you summed it all up and I could not have said it better! I am happy for the couple and hope they can break the family curse of infidelity, divorce and so much sadness...I do hope they also realize as you stated, there is only one KING OF KINGS!

    My Prayers are with the families and those involved in all the tragedies from the recent tornadoes.

    I must say that the best new I have heard in a while was last night’s announcement that Bin Laden has been eliminated!!!

    Love, Peace and Blessings, Yasmen

    ReplyDelete