Saturday, April 23, 2011

Weekend Round-up-Holy Week, 2011

We just returned from Ocean City, MD. We had a lovely Spring Break despite the less than warm weather. I am always thankful for time away from home. No routine and the pleasure of my little family, uninterrupted. I read two books this week. I read Satan's Sisters: A Novel Work of Fiction  by Star Jones and Private by James Patterson. I wasn't impressed with either books. Star's book read like a grocery store tabloid. I have higher expectations for such an intelligent woman. James Patterson and I have a love hate relationship. I hate it when his books are formulaic. This one was not, but it wasn't his best work. The story had potential but it left you lacking in some ways. So life really is good for me. Oh and I didn't drive or cook the entire time. Yes, Lawd! It was a good week.

This is the end of Holy Week! Easter is not about bunnies, chocolate, or eggs. It is about the Resurrection of Jesus Christ, three days after He was wrongly crucified. Easter is really about hope. We all have a second chance to make things right. Jesus took the pain and suffering on the cross so that we can spend eternity with Him. It is up to each of us to choose Christ and accept that His blood has atoned for every one of our sins, past, present, and future. The concept is overwhelming and mind-blowing at the same time. Nuthin but the blood! The blood that gives me strength from day to day, it shall never lose it's power. There is Power in the Blood! That is one of things you simply have to know for yourself. Happy Resurrection, Day!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment