Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Political Roundup

Today, President Obama released his birth certificate to the public. Guess what? He is an American citizen! No $*!+, Sherlock! Of course he is. I mean when has a President being a legitimate American been questioned. Oh, I know! NEVER! The reason the BS surfaced, and yeah, I am going to say it, is because he is a man of color.  American patriotism my behind. We have a long way to go and we can't be honest about it because there would need to be an admission of wrongdoing on some one's part. It ain't the colored folks either.


So what is the "Hair" going to say now? Oh I know, he is gonna question the legitimacy of the President's education. The man went to Harvard and graduated. Do his grades make a difference? Donald Trump is irritating with his pompous self. I believe he is a media whore seeking ratings for his show. I don't believe he has a desire to run for President but to blur the issues and hide the fact that there are no real options for Republican candidates. Let's face it! Do we really trust Trump with money? He's filed bankruptcy on three separate occasions. He's also been married that many times.  Does that make him a viable option for President? Would it make him a better choice than Obama. Obama has been married once and there is no indication that he filed bankruptcy. Jus sayin! Let me just say this and I am done for the moment, Trump is gonna have a million skeletons in his closet that he ain't gonna want out there. We know he isn't gonna just put all his ish out there. That is the difference between being able to run as a Caucasian candidate and running as a person of color. If you aren't Caucasian, you better not a have a damn skeleton anywhere. It will be the source of your demise. We still can't do what they can. Not meant to offend, just the truth of the matter.


America has to realize that we really do need to stop looking at color and allowing superficial issues to keep us from looking at real issues i.e. education, defense, civil rights, etc. We need to stop being swayed by minor BS. Obama is not perfect but I have NEVER seen a President so disrespected and forced to deal with insignificant crap. It sickens me that so called patriotic individuals can dis him so easily and don't give him the respect of the position.  Yadda, yadda, yadda!


So what do you all think about Obama's latest appointments? He is shaking up his Security team. The question is, will we all feel safer or confident in these appointments? CIA Director Leon Panetta has been selected to succeed Robert Gates as defense secretary. He also selected General David Patreus as the replacement for Panetta. Other appointments will follow. I don't always keep up with these appointments but I often think change is good. What do you think about it?


As much as I hate to journey here so early, I am gonna do it. What do you think will be the hot button issues for this upcoming election? My thoughts are this and I am sharing them here first. Immigration, abortion, and I wish I could say education but we don't seem to really put our money where our mouth is on that issue. So the third issue is probably related to finance and business. We will also see some discussion around same sex marriage. My final question is this.....(insert drum roll)....is Hillary gonna run?

Okay, that's it for now. Politics really is not my thing but as I've grown older, I have had to become more serious and really review the issues near and dear to me. I have to stay up on current events to have hot debates with my handsome hubby, too. Till next time, be blessed and be a blessing!!!!

Copyright by Pamela Cole Thorpe on April 27, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment