Thursday, April 14, 2011

Diva Dialogue-April 2011

What's up everyone? I am alive and I am fairly well. I am not going to make any excuses. I simply have not had the time to post. It is still a passion and desire so don't count me out yet. It is still an outlet for me. I told you all a long time ago that I was working my issues out in this forum. LOL!


Tax season ends in a couple of days. Very happy about that. This year the side hustle didn't net a sista as much money as it usually does. (Insert a very sad face). You have till Monday to submit your Federal tax return without penalty.


Spring Break is next week. I am looking forward to chillaxing with my wonderful husband and kids(plus a friend for each). It is a much needed respite from the mundane routine. We all could use some one on one time with each other. Life moves quickly and sometimes you need to connect in a different environment. Hopefully, I can fit a novel in as well.


Have I told you all that I hate my job? Well I do. I am thankful for having it. It solved some problems on the home front and well, I like money. What I should say is that I like having my own money. God blessed me with what I asked for.....a part-time gig, close to home that would allow me to maintain my fun schedule. By that I mean, volunteering, attending Community Bible Study, and an occasional lunch with a friend. So I am thankful that my prayer was answered. I work at a Montessori school. I have learned that I really don't like other people's ill-mannered children. Now I need to pray for another gig that would afford me those same opportunities but in a more professional setting. Pray for me, please!!!!


Okay! So enough about me for the moment. There is so much going on in the world right now. Gas prices are rising like crazy. Blame is being placed on the issues in Libya. Seriously? We only get 1% of our oil from them. Yep, you read correctly, 1 freakin %! So please tell me why we are paying almost $4 a gallon for gas. Senseless! Japan is still suffering but the news on them has just about disappeared. Their damage is far reaching and widespread. It will take a while before they are back on track. News on Libya is also pretty minimal. Stuff is till happening over there but I guess mums the word given all the money the US is spending over there.

Discussion is increasing on the 2012 Presidential election. Oh joy! Happy! Happy! I am so not ready for all that rhetoric and BS in general. Being President is NOT a job I'd ever want. jus sayin! Donald Trump considering throwin his hat into the ring.....REALLY? What a farce! Sad thing is some of my Conservative friends will think he is a viable option. Can't wait to see who all the contenders are this time around. You can hear it here first, I think Hillary is gonna run against Obama. That is all the press I am giving the election for now.

The Money Challenge...if you are participating, by Monday the 18th of April, you should have $276. I am current. Finally, nuff said!

So you know you are no longer an A-lister if you have been selected for Dancing With The Stars or a reality television show is based on your family drama. Another random Pam thought. Brandy and Ray J, the Braxtons, Sinbad and the list goes on. Why people? Better yet, why do we watch these train wrecks waiting to happen?

Shout out to my son who has made the Honor Roll yet again. DJ, I am very proud of your hard work and effort. Keep up the good work. Chante, you need to step up your game, girl. You have the potential but you seem to enjoy under-achieving. Stop being lazy and do what you have the potential to do. 

Well I got several blogs in my head.....I wanna share my thoughts on the book of Revelation. My Bible Study has worn me out. I got a marriage and parenthood blog in my mind. God only knows what else is rolling around in my head. Things are coming. Trust me on that. Thanks for being patient with me. I gotta go! Peace!  

Copyright by Pamela Cole Thorpe on April 14, 2011

1 comment:

  1. I feel the same way about blogging, definitely an outlet. I am also looking forward to the 2012 election. Trump needs to be duct taped. He is spewing a bunch of nothing.

    ReplyDelete