Saturday, July 10, 2010

A Quickie

Got a few random thoughts I wanted to share before I take a much needed fast from Facebook, Twitter(you can follow me at prettyeyedpam), Internet, even the cell phone and the like. It is vacation time! Whoo-hoo! My family unit needs time to regroup and refresh without the distraction that all these things do to keep us connected to everyone, but each other, that is. ;)

I am hoping we have a simply lovely time at the resort. It has reviews that are all over the place on TripAdvisor (www.tripadvisor.com). I will definitely share my experience when I return. We have scheduled several excursions to see more of Mexico. The tour company we used for this had no bad reviews whatsoever. Tat makes me excited! I feel confident we are in for a good time. We will celebrate DJ's 9th birthday there. Let's see if I was successful in setting up a future post. In other words, I wrote the blog and want it to post, not sure if I did it right but I did try. We'll see! Can't have my son thinking I dissed him on his birthday!

Hopefully, all the discussion surrounding Lebron James will be OVER! He made a decision to go to the Miami Heat in order to win a Championship Ring. I hope it happens for him. He dutifully served the Cleveland Cavaliers well. He is young and let's face it, everyone changes jobs sometimes. Plus it isn't always about the almighty dollar! I pray neither he, Bosh or Wade get injured. I see retirement for Shaq. I personally think Dan Gilbert handled himself like a complete @$$. His ranting letter was dramatic and unprofessional. While I certainly think Lebron could have chosen not to handle the decision in his chosen format, he didn't have to give notice before-hand because his contract ended. Not all will agree, but he did what he felt had to do. I for one wish him the best. I hope Cleveland will find some talent and maintain the fan love for the Cavs. I know their economy will suffer and that hurts me because Cleveland is always going to be home and so many of my friends and family remain there.

On a final note, I am starting another blog. This one is with my friend Dorna. You already know about her from her guest blog posts. We are doing a joint blog where we both read a book and review it. One book, two opinions. We both love, love, love to read but we don't always share the same impression of what we read. I hope you will check it out. No posts yet, but they are coming soon. You will find us at www.divasonbooks.blogspot.com. The blog is actually called Same Kind of Different As Me, which we feel is the most accurate description of our friendship. It is also the title of one of our absolute favorite books. I will solicit your thoughts later!

For now, I gotta go! We've got a very early pick up. We are all packed and ret ta go! Pray for our traveling mercy! I hope to return feeling refreshed, a tad browner, and more in love with my family than ever. Making memories is important. We only have our children for a little while so these moments are precious. Take time to let your family know that you love them and be a blessing to someone too! Ciao!

Copyright July 10, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment