Monday, June 28, 2010

Why Write?

Why do I write this blog? Well, I write for several reasons. The most important reason is that I write for me. I also write for therapeutic purposes. I write to work out my issues. I write to free my mind. Sometimes, I write to entertain or to incite a good debate or even to provoke you to a different way of looking at a situation. I am a chronic thinker, so this is my vehicle. Even though it is my vehicle, I don't want to be offensive or crass but I am human and my thoughts aren't always pure or pleasing to God. I am working on that daily. I am still and always will be a work in progress. I love a good debate. I see the world based on my experiences. My perception, like yours, is my reality.

So I write to share my thoughts, my struggles, my dreams and aspirations. I share my opinions and my observations. You may not like it, you may not agree, but it is all me. I am flawed but I'm thoughtful. I have a voice and I have gifts and talents. God gave them to me and I am required to share them with you. I want to write a book and I will. I am encouraged by family and friends alike. I wish I could get that baby out before Oprah goes off the air and have her want to feature my book. That would shoot a sista straight to the top, now wouldn't it? Yep! Unfortunately the "Oprah Effect" will not help me, but I am a child of God and what He has for me, is for me.

This is just a part of my life's journey. It is a means to an end. My first blog was almost one year ago. I made up my mind that I would try to write twice a week. In all, I have kept my word. Good for someone who is prone to procrastination. As I have become more confident in my writing, I have also tried to become more transparent. You see me and sometimes it ain't pretty. I am honest and opinionated. I hate to hurt people's feelings.  Learning to be transparent without throwing other people under the bus is often a challenge for me. I really am a put it all out there type of girl but life has shown me that somethings must be done with tact and diplomacy, and sometimes, even discretion. So folks, continue to watch me grow. I write for you too. Support me! Pray for and encourage me. Till next time, enjoy the small things! Peace!

Copyright June 28, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe
                                                            

1 comment:

  1. YAYYYYYY you sound alot like me! I started writing for some of those same reasons and it juist kinda turned into something else. But it's good ya know? Like i am not perfect by any means and I tell peopel that all the time when I write, but I just hope that through some of the stuff I have been through, it helps someone else along the way. God has a funny sense of humor if you ask me.. I have been through lots of death, divorce (twice) just about anything you got, I have been through it, and somehow, He turned all that drama and pain into something that is actually fun for me, something that gets me going in the mornings and something that is for the very first time, a constant in my life.

    Anywho, I love reading your blogs. We think alot alike! : ) Love you~~

    ReplyDelete