Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Diva Dialogue VII

Hello! Here we go again...sista got a lot on my mind. You know what that means, right? Yep, got a lot of ground to cover. Let's see where to begin. Okay, let's start with the job thing. I worked for the Census Bureau for a total of 3.5 weeks. Can you believe that crap? 3.5 weeks! Seriously! Well thank goodness, I did not make any concrete plans to spend the money before I earned it. It was so nice to see a check or 3 with my name on it but it would've been nice to see several more. The work itself was relatively easy. I had to locate a home, knock on the door and inquire as to how many people resided in the home on Census Day(April 1st for those of you with no clue). Once I determined that I was talking to an of age person who resided in the home on 4/1/2010, I had to conduct an interview to ascertain basic information about people in the home. I got paid hourly and for mileage. My chief complaint would be this, the damn paperwork. You know the Federal Government..........Bureaucracy is king! I met some very interesting people and overall, I had a good experience. I think it helps that I am a people person and I have no problem talking to strangers. Some of my colleagues didn't fare as well as I did. So, now I am back to the grind, sending out my resume again. I liked making that little money. It helped insure a week would be well spent in Mexico! Yea me and my family!


As of this post, we have lost Gary Coleman, Rue McClanahan, and Coach John Wooden. Wow! Heaven(or hell) is claiming what seems to be a lot of folks this year. I loved The Golden Girls. Blanche(Rue's Character) was too funny, always throwing herself at a man. I watched Different Strokes as a kid but Arnold(Whatchu talkin bout Willis?) got on my nerves. Sadly, Gary Coleman died estranged from his parents and there is a current problem getting him buried. Coach Wooden, led UCLA to ten national titles, died at age 99. May they all rest in perfect peace.

I am going to be brief on the BP oil spill. The effects of that disaster will be felt for a long time. If you live in Louisiana, I think you might want to consider a change of locale. Seems like God might be trying to tell you something. BP should be fined and the fine should be huge. I am sure the CEO is thinking, "Damn! I thought that the government might let me screw America over, just like AIG!" Not! Obama is realizing that you privileged individuals don't do right by common folks. You have a lot and you want no responsibility for your errors. I have no pity on you! It is time for you to man up!

Kate and her brood of children are back. UGH! Need I say more. I mean a lady has gotta work and feed her children, right? Right! Let's keep it movin! I guess that would be Shaunie O'Neal's excuse too. Do we really care what basketball wives do all day. No the hell we don't. Any woman can be a lady who lunches. It really is all about your character and what you do for the community at large that matters.



I am sick of media whores. Is Gary Coleman's ex-wife crazy or what? She is trying to sell pictures of the man on his deathbed. Seriously? That is pretty low. I guess she is in dire need of cash. The sad thing is some rag will pay a hefty penny and publish them. She can take pics of a man dying but she couldn't help him as he was bleeding on the floor of their home. Yea, she's a gem!


Summer is quickly approaching. I can't wait for the kids to get out of school. I know I will revamp this statement come July 1 but for now, I am sick of the routine. What are your plans? Do you make your children do educational tasks during the summer? My children have to read for a minimum of 30 minutes a day. They also have to do some form of math. They hate me for it but hey who cares. They can play videos and hang out at the pool most of the rest of the time. We do visit the library and they participate in whatever the summer reading program too.


Welcome to the latest addition to the Thorpe family. Julius Luciano Torres has blessed us with his presence and we are excited for his lucky parents, Dennis and Tiffany. Can't wait to meet him in person. The family continues to do big things. My husband, Dmitri, has begun a travel agency. Check it out, http://www.dreamydestinations.net/. We hope you will give us the opportunity to help you achieve your travel dreams come true. If you are on Facebook, register and check out the page. If you are in Texas, my brother, Gerald, has a great gospel showcase coming up. If you are in Northern Virginia, my brother in law is sponsoring poetry nights on every Tuesday of the month in Manassas, Va. I will post details in a separate post. Finally, if you need to get yourself in shape, my sister is a Beachbody coach. If you need products for working out or an eating plan, she just might be able to assist you. There are links for each of them. Support Black businesses, heck support American businesses for that matter.


Of course I have so much more to say but I will end for now. I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am going to do better with my post. I have been lax lately. I have a million things floating in my head and I have little pieces of paper with topics to blog on too. I initially committed to writing two blogs a week, so I am going to get back on my game plan. Watch out everyone, I have a lot to say. Till we chat again, be a blessing!

Copyright June 9, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

2 comments:

  1. I don't know about the rest of the world, but I LOVE the Diva Dialogues!! They are soooo you and on point! Love them! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie. I hope all my readers find me as pleasing as you!

    ReplyDelete