Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Pray for Me

Today was not a great one, in fact, it was quite crappy. Despite that, God sent continuous reminders to me that He loves me and He has placed the right people in my life. I am thankful for friends who call out of the blue and tell me that they love me and are praying for me.  Love ya, Mina! I needed that at just that moment. I am also thankful for those friends who let you vent endlessly and then help you understand that you are not alone. Love ya Gochi and Tracie. I called DJ to do something and he bounded up the stairs with "Yes beautiful mother what so yo want your handsome son to do?" I cracked up because he was so charming and sincere.

Dmitri and I had a disagreement and it wasn't cute. I wasn't feeling him at all. After several hours, he came and apologized and gave me a huge hug and kiss. Then when a rainstorm came from out of nowhere, he grabbed me by the hand and said, "let's go stand in the rain." I went despite my reservations. Y'all know I'm an African American woman and our hair and the rain are not on friendly terms! Again, he hugged me and held me. We agreed to disagree and to try to work on some issues. He is home for the next week and a half so it would behoove us to not be pissed with each other.

If you know me well, you know that I stand by the fact that marriage isn't easy. It is not for the faint-hearted. You will need prayer and support even in the best situations. It would be easy to throw in the towel. For better or worse is different for everybody and no one can tell you how to handle your marriage situation but God is able to do exceedingly, abundantly above all that we ask or think.(Eph. 3:20) Ahh but we do have to ask in order to receive. Whenever I drift too far from God, He will provide a situation to send me to my knees. Thankfully, He is there waiting patiently for me to return to His love and guidance. So often we forget to turn to Him for an intervention into our situation. We also forget to have other believers intercede for us. Sometimes, you just can't pray for yourself. You need a little help from your friends. There is never a such thing as too much prayer.

So I am feeling better and my day has turned around. I know some saints have prayed for me. Thank God! Also, I am thankful that there is a thing called a second chance or in God's case a tenth or eightieth chance. Don't sit idly by and let life happen. God is in the details and He cares for you. Put your trust in Him and call on other saints to help get you through. Till next time, pray for me and your friends. You never know who needs a prayer lifted on their behalf. Peace!

Copyright June22, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

2 comments:

  1. It's really odd you posted this or rather maybe a blessing for me. My boyfriend and I had a disagreement yesteday. Now he and I are not married but I have been before. When I went to bed last night I prayed that God really be with both of us right now. I mean this is the man I wanna marry, the one I know God sent to me and I want nothing but the best for him. And I also remembered what I posted the other day .. " God goes BEYOND BEYOND" and I see it in your post too. I know that satan is so busy trying to mess up the good stuff that God put together.

    God is there even though I forget sometimes and I know He loves me and is just waiting for me to ask for His help. Am I all over the place here or what?!?!? lol anyway, I just wanted you to know how much I love you and will be praying for you and your family and I ask you do the same thing for mine. Everyday, man, I tell you, seems like a struggle lately. Like I said, satan is a busy demon, waiting for the one thing to bring us down but God.. God is so much bigger than anything Satan and throw at us.

    I love and miss you girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh Danette, Satan is extemely busy. I think his mission is to destroy relationships. He has been working overtime in my household. I know that it takes our personal prayer and the prayers of others to get by. Communication is so imprtant but you have to be true to who you are and your convictions, provided they line up with the Word. I am encouraged by the fact that one not so great marriage doesn't have you jaded and not wanting to marry your good man. I will keep you in my prayers. I love you too!You bless me regularly and you keep me thinking and talking to to God about more and more. Miss you too!

    ReplyDelete