Friday, July 1, 2011

Diva Dialogue-July, 2011th

Okay, my life has changed and my time is so limited that I haven't been doing the things that I love. I have neglected my blog and perhaps that is why I have been soooo emotional lately. I have been a little irritable too. I am going to blame that on the sleep apnea that I was surprised to find out that I had. I will explain sleep apnea in another post. I try to continuously remind you all that this blog is my therapy and I work my issues out on you, my loyal readers. That being said, I am just going to be random. It is also cathartic.

Right now, I am counting down the days till vacation! Yea me! Yea us, my happy little family! We are escaping the overly busy home front and going to chillax in the tropical Caribbean seas. I can't wait. I have been working full time and apparently it no longer suits me. It may not be the case but I probably need to be doing something more fulfilling. By the way it is 13 days till departure. I will tell you all about the cruise upon my return. Last year, I kept hearing and reading about staycations. Let me just say that that would not be a good option for my family. We need to get away to connect and regroup. We return refreshed with a  new attitude and a freshness to tackle life.

I can't believe that my daughter will enter high school in the Fall. Time flies. After all the school drama, she completed the 8th grade with excellent grades. Let's note that I didn't see any more effort on her part this semester, so I know I am right in saying that she should have been making the Honor Roll every single semester. My son will complete his final year of elementary school. He too completed the year with flying colors. Now it is time to impress upon the girl child the importance of her grades and extra-curricular activities. Gotta get into college and hopefully secure some scholarship money.

If you have an Ipod/Ipad/Iphone, you should be playing Angry Birds and Angry Birds Rio. Both games are highly addictive. The game is senseless, in that you are aiming a bird of some type at other animals. There is a little background story which I won't explain but trust me, you will keep trying it once you start. The other highly addictive game that  play is Words With Friends(WWFs). If you know me well, you know I love Scrabble. WWFs is a version of that. I love words and word puzzles. So I am suggesting that you check them out. I know, this is real random, huh?

The arrival of summer means we get blitzed with movies. This year there are several that I am excited to see. I can't wait to see the The Help. It was listed as one of my favorite books in a much earlier post. If you haven't read it yet, do so before you see the movie. Another film which should end up being a major blockbuster is the final installment of Harry Potter. Remember that I read the entire series with my daughter. We are bummed that we will have to wait till after our cruise to see it but we know it will be excellent. Transformers is out this weekend and my son is a serious fan. Special effects should be great.

For those of you who tend to neglect your health, let me encourage you to go see a physician and have a thorough physical. The life you save could be your own. Seriously! I have had a physical and all of my annual test this past month. I have a mammogram on Wednesday. Once a year check-ups can reveal things in your health that can be best solved if tackled early. I know it sounds kinda preachy but I know what I am talking about. My dad is deceased. He could be a walking poster board for why we should get ourselves checked regularly. He died of prostrate cancer. If detected early, it is one of the most treatable cancers. So I am imploring you to make an appointment today and keep it! Oh and I am totally healthy so this is not a health scare talking. I just think that we can't be anything to others without being good to ourselves.

Can you believe that 2011 is half over? I certainly can't. My grandmother told me that life seems to move more quickly when you have children. I guess she is correct. So at this juncture, what is it that you wanted to do this year that you haven't done? Who have you wanted to bless that you haven't blessed? What are you holding on to that you need to get rid of? Who haven't you forgiven? Just a little food for thought. Have a safe and blessed 4th of July. Aren't you glad we live in the land of the free and the home of the brave? Enjoy those cook-outs and be safe! Till next time....Ciao!!

Copyright on July 1, 2011 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

2 comments:

  1. I CAN'T believe 2011 is almost over. It really makes me sad because I feel that I have wasted alot of time so I am trying to make up for it now.. ughhh.

    HIGH SCHOOL?!?!?!? Time really does fly. I didn't realize your daughter was that age. UGHHHH again. I will start praying NOW for you... high school is no joke. Mine is going in to the 11th grade this year and I can say had it not been for God, I would not have made it to this point. My middle one is going in to Middle School this year and that scares me. He is my quiet one. Smart as a whip, but I just want him to enjoy middle school ya know. And the baby,...well hes going into the 4th grade this year and well.... Khaaliq is Khaaliq.. haha!

    If I don't get back into the gym, I will not be able to get into ANY of my clothes in a month... enough said!!

    I lvoe and miss you!!!


    OHHH BTW---- Angry Birds is the BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pam, what are you going to do about your sleep challege? You will have to get into the gym, and I know you realize what that mean. I know that Chante is going to High School she is going to be okay; She really will need to focus and study. DJ, he is going to Middle School. Your children have just grown. I rember when they we just tots.I know that all of you will have a great vacation. I can't get into my E-Mail. Must have someone to check my computer. Superauntie.

    ReplyDelete