Sunday, October 17, 2010

Random

I haven't done a random post about me lately so I thought I'd post one for your reading pleasure.

1. Welcome back to the blogoshpere, Toot! That's my cuzzo who has a blog but has been ignoring neglecting it lately. She has not been neglecting her YouTube videos. You can check her out at http://www.handbagshairandheels.blogspot.com/ or view her videos under AKAKristin. You will defenitely be entertained!

2. My son has an African American teacher. He's in the 4th grade. This is relevant because I think it is important to have diversity, especially in schools. One, it validates him as a person. Two it affirms in him that he can be a teacher. SN: I am wishing for a male teacher because he hasn't seen one of them except in PE and music. Third, it lessens the chance that he will be subject to concious or unconcious stereotyping and bias. I could be wrong, but I know this is important.

3. I haven't worked out since July 4th. I feel guilty. I am not motivated. That's terrible because I was dedicated and lost a whole 25 pounds. I am happy to report that I've only gained back 3 of them. I am going to get back on the grind because I need to. Pray for me to get motivated.

4. I love Utz potato chips. If you don't live in the DMV, chances are you haven't had them. Take my word for it they are the best. For my Lays fans, don't even try to tell me I'm wrong.

5. I also love Jamocha Almond Fudge ice cream from Baskin Robbins. Gold Medal Ribbon and Strawberry Banana take second and third place respectively.

6. My happy places: a good praise and worship service, Barnes and Noble, the beach, Hallmark store, a good shoe store, and the library.

7. Music really does minister to me. My Ipod has some serious playlists to uplift one's soul.

8. Honeycrisp Apples are in season! PTL! Okay, I know I am talking about an apple here but seriously folks, those bad boys are some kinda good! They are the perfect sweet, tart, and crunch. Try one and you will agree. I have to warn you that Honeycrisps are a little more expensive but they are well worth it. Oh, you can't get them all year. Now is the time and if you are lucky, you can get them till about December. 8lb Honeycrisp Crate is $39.95 on Amazon, if you can't find them in your area.

9. If it is Autumn, then my favorite soda, other than Pepsi is also available. Cranberry Sierra Mist is awesome.

10. I am looking forward to seeing Tyler Perry's latest movie, due out Nov. 5. 2010. For Colored Girls is his adaptation of Ntozake Shange's acclaimed novel, For Colored Girls Who Have Considered Suicide When the Rainbow Is Enuf. Let's pray he does it justice. Sonja, don't forget, it is a date. Any of you out there feel free to join us.

As I review this post, I am cracking up. First, I am asking you all to pray for me to get back on the workout grind and then I proceed to talk about food for the majority of the remainder of the post. Go figure! Anyhoo, I am trying to get my mojo back. My daughter has been trying my patience and I have lots going on. I thank God that I am sane and can handle life's challenges. Teen girls are a trip and a half. I do have several blogs in my head and hopefully they will make it to post really soon! Till then, please bless someone and don't take the little things for granted! Peace!

Copyright by Pamela Cole Thorpe on October 17, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment