Saturday, February 27, 2010

Who Runs Your Life?

Do you make plans and expect everything to go exactly as you've mapped them out? I think we all do. When those plans fall apart, how do you react? Do you assess why they failed? I have friends who are serious planners and I have others who are a bit more relaxed. Whatever the case, we all have things we want or expect to happen in our lives.

I am guilty of making plans and having things mapped out a particular way. In my life, I've noticed that some plans have come to fruition while others tend to remain an elusive dream. The things that I really pray about and take to God tend to work out best. The plans that are really all about me, never quite turn out the way I expect. That is a reminder that while we have free will and can make all kinds of choices, God is really in control. Some days, I love being reminded of that fact, other days, I want God to consult me before He uproots my life. Not being disrespectful, just real.

Of course, God never consults me(I doubt He consults you either). He determines the times and places that we can best use His divine input. He has set some divine appointments for all of us; and all of our own planning can't do anything to change His plan or purpose for us. I don't know about any of you out there I times, that I wish the God would come down and knock on my door and give me my directions. There are other times that I wish He'd drop me a little heavenly note to provide clarity as to the path I should take.

I have been a Christian for quite a long time. I still mess up. I still fail. I still forget to bring my desires/requests to God. Yet, He is always there. He will lovingly embrace me whenever I run into His comforting arms. I think I know what is good for me, but God knows what is best for me. He has provided His Word to aid us on this life journey. We need to make the time to consult Him because there are verses to meet every need. Failing to plan can be a plan for failure but if we are led by the Holy Spirit, He will reveal things to us. That revelation can strengthen our plans or change it.

So, who runs your life? Are you in control or are you controlled by God? I hope you haven't fooled yourself into believing that you are in control. God has an absolutely great sense of humor. I bet He spends a good deal of time laughing at us, His children. I know I spend a lot of time laughing at my daughter, Chante, as I hear her make plans with her friends without consulting either my husband or myself, Silly girl! We are all like Chante sometimes. We forget that we have someone who cares for us and loves us. He wants us to grow and mature. Don't forget to consult your Daddy, He can direct your paths and oftentimes, He can save you stress and heartache. He wants you to live out your purpose. After all, that is what He created you for. So next time you make plans, remember who really is in control, because it certainly is NOT you. Till next time, be a blessing!!!!!

Copyright February 27, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment