Sunday, February 7, 2010

Super Bowl Madness


Are you ready for some football? Today's match up proves to be an entertaining one. Indianapolis Colts(AFC) vs. New Orleans Saints(NFC) in sunny Miami, Florida. The Colts are favored by 5 points. It's Peyton Manning vs. Drew Brees in this 44th battle of football's finest. So who are you rooting for? In my house we have the idea that the Colts will probably win but we are rooting for the underdog. I love it when the underdog wins. It keeps things far more interesting. Wouldn't you agree?


We usually attend a Super Bowl party. There is something about watching with a group of animated folks that makes the game far more interesting. Mainly, because everyone has their own opinion about what it takes to win. Everyone has a reason for wanting one team to be victorious and sometimes it has nothing to do with the athleticism of the the team. I love those discussions. I love the fellowship and the trash-talking. More importantly, I love the food and the commercials. Who the heck pays all that money to debut a commercial? Seriously, that scares me.


For some reason, party food gets me excited. I have promised myself that I will not fall off the wagon and eat everything in sight. I will monitor my drink intake. For some reason, being snowed in makes it soo much harder to only consume water. Pray for a sista! So who will have the best commercial. Creativity in this arena is always at a high. Entertainment for the Super Bowl is always worthy of discussion. This year, Carrie Underwood will sing the National Anthem and The Who will perform at half-time. That should be entertaining in a good way.


Whatever happens, the Super Bowl generates a ton of money for quite a few entities. It provides good water cooler discussion the day after, too. No matter who is victorious, fun will be had by all and the city of Miami will be that much richer. So again, I ask, "ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL??????" By the way, I am all for a spoiler so I am going to root for the Saints! Oh and a special shout out to my nephew, Jeffery! Happy 11th Birthday!

Copyright February 7, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment