Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Mommy Rant

Okay, I just wanna say that my children haven't been to school since February 4th. My hubby has been home too. I have really enjoyed having every one of them at home but it is time to get back to some level of normalcy. I am sick of Wii, Facebook, and movies. We have consumed ginormous amounts of food and increased landfills beyond measure. I am happy to report that the tension and fighting have been kept to a minimum. My daughter is moping around because we confiscated her Ipod, cell phone, and computer, so she is missing out on her social life. Her fault, she is grounded. My son would be happy to never return to school because there are way too many video games to play and more than enough programming on the Military channel. All three of them are more than happy to come up with random menu items for ME to prepare on a whim. I have read a few books, done a lot of baking, despite the fact that I am trying to lose weight and eat healthy. I have maintained my exercise routine. We've stayed up really late, gotten up really late, and lazed around in our pajamas. We have had some comical and serious family conversations. We have even had a photo shoot to assist my husband with his photography homework. We are running out of creative things to do.

So why the rant? Well because it is my blog and I write what I want! No, seriously. All this togetherness is fun but we've gotten to the point where we no longer appreciate each other retreating to their own space to maintain their mental sanity. I miss my friends and my routine. My house is not as clean as I want it to be. I haven't had an uninterrupted telephone conversation in so long that I've forgotten what that is like. Ross, TJMaxx, and Home Goods are all calling my name. They miss me, and I them.

As I type this, I have just been informed that schools are once again closed. Oh, I forgot to mention the the County School Board sent out an e-mail telling parents to get together to clear walk ways and bus stops for the children to be safe. Excuse me! Are you freaking serious? REALLY? Umm, last time I checked that was the reason folks pay taxes. I mean really! We have only seen one snow plow, but there were two major storms. I can only hope the trucks were so busy getting the school lots together, but alas that is not the case or they would be going to get ome education in the morning. This crap is ridiculous! Who knows when I will get mail. The snow is so high by my mailbox that if I am not outside to get the mail from the mail person, I can probably forget it till Spring. Okay, I am done. Just needed to vent and get a couple of things off my chest. I love you all for taking the time to hear me out. My love affair with Winter is officially over. Pray for a meltdown of the snow that is, not for me to have one! Peace!

Copyright February 16, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

1 comment: