Friday, February 12, 2010

DIVA Dialogue

So here we go with a totally random post....a few things on my mind....gonna share them with you. Hold on to your seats, you might learn something about me.

1. When I weighed 145 pounds, I thought I was overweight. What I wouldn't do to be that size again. Two babies and a whole lot of pounds later, I can only dream of that weight.

2. The best books that I read in 2009 were Same Kind of Different As Me and The Help.

3. Marriage doesn't ever get easy but it will always change you in ways that you never dreamed of....parenthood too.

4. You should start exercising while you are young...it is so much harder when you get into your 40s. They tell me it is good for you and your heart. So I have remained dedicated to working out since Jan. 4, 2010 and while my endurance is growing, it still isn't easy.

5. You are never too old to want your mommy. More and more, I wish that I lived closer. I talk to my mom almost everyday and I'd rather be looking at her and having her really experience being "Grandma" to my kids.

6. A lot of people are not comfortable with themselves. They can't handle lengthy periods of inactivity alone. I love being by myself indoors and out.

7. Some people will be larger in death than they were in life. Richer, too.

8. After years of home ownership, I realize that I hate being a renter.

9. The reasons I hate moving are that I'd have to find a new church, hair-dresser, and friends. All present a different set of challenges.

10. In addition to this blog, I have Facebook, MySpace, and Twitter accounts. MySpace is neglected, I don't understand Twitter, and I utilize Facebook way too much.

11. So far, the girl child is far more challenging than the boy child. I love them both but the girl is a force to be reckoned with. Thank God she has two crazy parents to keep her in line. Did I ever mention that I only wanted boys?

12. Coloring and cooking are both forms of therapy for me. I own a 120 count box of Crayolas.

13. I should have been an English teacher.

14. Dogs can interpret your feelings and emotions better than anyone else in the house. I am serious about that.

15. I haven't been to one High School Reunion function but I plan to attend the 25 year festivities next year. Damn, 25 years out of high school. I can't believe that!!! (SMH)

Well that is it for now. Be blessed! Be a blessing!

Copyright February 12, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

1 comment:

  1. Hi Pam,
    Thank you for mentioning "Same Kind of Different as Me" on your blog! I work with Thomas Nelson, and we would love to follow your blog and hear what readers think of this moving book. I also want to let you know that Ron and Denver have just released a new book "What Difference Do It Make?" which updates readers on their activity since the first book came out. Please contact me with your mailing address if you are interested in receiving a complimentary copy of the new book for review on your site at your convenience.

    Thanks!

    Jodi Hughes
    pubintern@thomasnelson.com

    ReplyDelete