Thursday, June 4, 2015

Just the Emotions

In six days, my oldest child will graduate from high school. While she has had Senioritus, pretty much all year, her excitement level has reached a whole new level. For me, it's bittersweet. Since my blog is my therapy, I just need to express the range of emotions that I am feeling today. 

I am proud of the woman she's becoming. I am anticipating the impact that she will have on her piece of the world. I am reluctant to turn my firstborn loose. I have prepared her well but life still has away of issuing out tough experiences. I am happy to see that she is independent, strong, full of passion with just the right amount of cynicism. I am saddened  by how quickly time flies. I am losing a person that I have shaped and molded for the past 17 years, a TV/Netflix watching buddy, an eating/sleeping machine, and an incredible ball of moody/hormonal energy.  This Fall,my house will significantly quieter but as she is learning who she is, I will be learning to define myself  in her absence. Stay tuned for  the progression. It's time to watch the Cavs whip the Warriors. Peace!


In Diva Love,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment