Wednesday, January 1, 2014

In With the New

As we usher in a new year full of hope and dreams, it is easy to forget that every day is new and we can begin again.  I am over resolutions. Oh I have things that I want and need to see come to pass in this new and never seen before year. I was more than happy to wish 2013 a fond farewell.  It was a difficult year but I won't complain because God has a plan and though I certainly am not enjoying it, He knows what is best.

This year my prayer is quite simple. I want to grow in Christ. I want to exemplify His character when I would rather act like a ratchet chick with no sense. I want to be able to handle the tests that Christ has set aside for me without grumbling or complaining. This past year I kept thinking that I wish He didn't trust me so much. I am strong and independent but I still need my friends and family. I would be hurting without the prayer warriors in my life. I  want to grow in my prayer life and be enriched spiritually.

I am going to stand on the promises of Jesus. They are true for me(and you). I hope to receive a double portion of God's blessings. I am looking for miracles and breakthroughs. I want to have a testimony that will bless some one's socks off. I have worked on becoming more transparent as I get older-still can't trust everyone with everything. So I guess I want the Lord to use me and whatever circumstances that I face as a vehicle for me and others but most importantly for His glory.

Father, bless anyone who is reading this blog. Let 2014 be the year of double blessings and miracles in their life and my own. Let us see You in ways we have never seen you before. Heal the broken-hearted. Provide in situations where there seems to be no way. Bless our nation and its leaders. Let us all be mindful that EVERYTHING comes from you and we can't rely on our own sufficiency. Let see things spiritually and discern the schemes of the devil. Let no weapon formed against us prosper. When all is said and done, let us give you all the praise and honor and help us to realize that we would never have made it without you. In the Name of Jesus! AMEN!



1 comment:

  1. Amen!! Well said my friend. I love that you are humble and not ashamed to give God all of the honor and glory. Praying that it all comes to pass in 2014.

    ReplyDelete