Tuesday, November 23, 2010

The Money Challenge

As we enter the joyous season of Christmas and all the holiday festivities that go along with the celebration, I want to challenge each of you in the area of your finances. I know some of you are already formulating your resolutions so that 2011 can be a bigger better year for you and your families, so this challenge is a winner. Oh, it is also really easy too. I got this from my cousin and fellow blogger, Toot! Shout out to her! Hey! She
borrowed the idea from one of her YouTube subscribers. I know you all know that I am brilliant but I can't take credit for this wonderful idea.

Here's how it works. On the first week you save $1. No, that wasn't a typo, you only need to save $1. The second week you save $2. The third week $3. Do you see the pattern yet?  The amount of money being saved coincides with the week that you are saving it.  So for the first say month  or so, you are putting away less money than one cup of some fancy smancy Starbucks concoction. At the most, $52 is what you will sacrifice, I'm not sure if you can actually visualize the savings, but at the end of the challenge you'll have over $1300. Just think if you start now, you will have a lovely amount of cash with which to spend on Christmas gifts. I think you might even still be able to reach it just in time to hang out with the masses at the Black Friday mass chaos sales. If that isn't your thing, you can have a great amount to go on a mice trip. or you can save it and start all over again. We aren't talking financial freedom here but.....if you play your cards right and say, open an interest bearing account into which you deposit your money whenever it reaches say $50, you will have a nice chunk of change to play with. What an accomplishment! You will thank me later! So what do you say? Are you up to it? Let's get it then! Keep me posted on your progress. I am on week 3.

On a side note, I am typing this blog with a heavy heart. Today would have been my Daddy's 66th birthday.  I have all kinds of memories of him. I miss talking to him and I miss his cooking. That man could make his plate look better than everyone else's. He was a good confidante and he really was non-judgemental. Every now I then, I could use his perspective on a bunch of things. RIP Gerald William Cole, Sr. AKA "Butch."  Anyhoo, I am ending now before I cry again. Have a blessed Thanksgiving!

Copyright by Pamela Cole Thorpe on November 23, 2010

1 comment:

  1. I like that money saving idea thing.... hmmmm I just wonder how long I would actually keep it up cause I know how I am, but you gotta start somewhere right?!?!

    HUGS for your dad. My mom's b-day was Nov 12th ( she would have been 64) and my dad passed away of December 16th. I use to love the holidays but now, I just long for them to be over and things back to "normal". BUT for a positive for us both.... bet they are all having a blast.. no pains,aches or stresses and waiting on us to join them one day! Its what I pray anyway.....

    ReplyDelete