Friday, October 20, 2017

What Makes Me Feel Better, Always

Hey, Hey, Hey! Got a minute and thought I should put something out there. We all have good days and bad and let's face it, there are those things that just always can turn your day around. For me there are several very important cures. First, prayer. Nothing like a heartfelt conversation with the Lord. No judgment and He is always there-whether you think so or not. Sometime I have to remember to be still and silent so I can receive whatever it is is He has to say to me. It can't be a one way communication. 

Music. I don't go a day without it. It is always going on my computer at work. I have uplifting play lists and ratchet ones too. No day begins without gospel music. It gets my mind and spirit right. I am not a huge fan of hip-hop but give me some old school and I can jam my day away. Jazz for relaxation, R&B anytime. I've even been known to play Broadway Hits. Don't sleep on the Hamilton tunes. 

A great Conversation. Nothing like catching up with a heart and soul level friend. You know the ones who know you well...even when you aren't saying what you're really feeling? Those are the best. Also when you and a group of girlfriends come together and the conversation flows in such a way that you know you could solve all the world problems if they just gave you all the power for a couple of weeks. Had one of those moments a couple of weeks ago. There were good side conversations taking place too. No explanation, no reservation, no hiding or adapting just real heartfelt discussion without apology or agenda. Refreshing as a brisk morning wind. 

My mom. Love her to pieces. I talk to her almost every day on my way home from work and whenever the need arises. My brother does too. I know she loves me unconditionally and worries about both of us being so far away from her. It works both ways. I can discuss most anything with her and she is terribly amused by the rants of both my brother and I with ridiculous traffic antics and drivers in our respective cities.  Sometimes, I do have to remind her to let me get a word in because she truly has the gift of gab. I get that from my momma too but I am a thoughtful listener. She's getting better. Just the sound of her voice usually makes me feel good inside. 

In no particular order, these things always get me smiling too: my children and their conversations or crazy jokes. They are hilarious, yet interesting individuals. Even better, when they cozy up to me for no reason despite being 19 and 16. The best moments of my life. I love to hear little children laugh with reckless abandon. I love getting a card in the mail....If the words and message are right for me, my tank is immediately filled. A good book. Coloring-such a childlike innocence to picking the right colors and getting the picture just the way you want it. Doing a kindness for someone else. Writing or journaling. Travel would work too but sometimes funds are scarce. 

So no matter what, there's always a positive in the negative. What does it for you? What can change your day no matter what? If you can't figure it out, take a moment and get quiet, meditate on the things that bring you joy. Ask God to show you how to find that fleeting joy in the midst of pain. Trust God and trust the process. You can always start with a gratitude list. There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for. Find your joy and peace and hold fast to it! 

In Diva Love, 

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment