Monday, October 9, 2017

HelloFresh: A Review

Apparently food delivery is currently all the rage. Never one to miss an opportunity, I quickly jumped on utilizing the code sent to me by my BFF to try HelloFresh for free. Getting started was easy, quick, and painless. You are free to choose how often you get the service delivered. I think I'm going to try once each month. Delivery occurs on the day of the week of your choice. Three menu items will be selected so if you forget, you will be receiving those items in your box. There is a window of time to select the items that will come in your box. You get about 10-12 options and one of them will cost additional money-a higher value protein usually like duck or prime rib, averaging about $5 more /person. You also get to choose to utilize the vegan, classic or family plan. With the classic choice you choose if it will be for 2 or 4 people. I chose the classic plan for 2 people.

The box arrived on a Monday. It was organized and there were two huge ice packs to keep everything cold. Our box contained ingredients for Beef noodle bowls, Pork and apple burgers, and shrimp tagliatelle. I figured this gave us a wonderful variety of items to try and would breath a little inspiration into my meal planning routine. I like that there was a separate bag for each day's meal. The recipe cards were colorful and laid out well. The only items that weren't included in the bags were staple items that you'd have in your house already, like olive oil, salt, and pepper. My extremely picky son was intrigued by the whole idea and seemed most excited to try the pork burger dish.  The items can be refrigerated for up to 7 days or should be frozen. Everything sent had great coloring and appeared to be quite fresh. There was also an update included to ensure the best quality and taste for one of the recipes. The update was based on feedback from previous customers. 

As of last night, we tried every meal in our box. We loved all three of them. My only complaint is that for the shrimp tagliatelle recipe, there was no salad or bread to accompany the dish. The pork burger had sweet potato fries and a salad, and the beef noodle bowl contained veggies in addition to the pasta and beef. All of the items were fresh and plentiful. Nutrition information is also included. In some instance, HelloFresh does send more than the recipe calls for. None of the meals were labor intensive and all were able to be prepared within 20-50 minutes with minimal pots/dishes used. 

Would I do it again? Absolutely. Once you make the recipe, you see that you could go to the local grocery store and prepare the meals but then you have to do the shopping. Trust me, there will be that one item that you'd never remember to buy, nor would you have it on hand. For about $60/week, HelloFresh can do all the work for you. It would work for me as I average about 3 meals a week that I prepare and there are no leftovers-which my family isn't very fond of anyway. If you need inspiration, it's a good way to go. As I perused the various week's choices, I saw a good mixture of poultry, pork, and beef dishes to select from. There were Thai, Mexican, and Mediterranean inspired selections as well. So the choices are excellent and should satisfy the basic eater and the foodie too. Check out the pictures that I've included. If you are interested, please feel free to use the code to try the service at a discounted price: https://share.hellofresh.com/x/kj3j.  I doubt you'll be disappointed. Happy eating!








In Diva Love,

Pamela


No comments:

Post a Comment