Friday, April 6, 2012

Mega-Million Mayhem

Last week, millions of folks were fantasizing about how they would spend the 540 million dollars if they were fortunate enough to have the winning six digits. I am not a lottery player by any stretch of the imagination but like most Americans, I got caught up in the hype and bought a few tickets. Yeah, I have dreams of the foundations I'd start and the great things I'd do with the cash after I take care of my loved ones. Well, here I sit blogging so you know I did NOT win a penny. No surprise there since my chances of winning were about as great as Satan getting back into heaven.

A week later and one of three winners has come forward. So why the post? There is a woman in Maryland who claims to have a winning ticket. She has her co-workers in an uproar because they think she cheated them out of their winnings, she claims to have bought her own tickets that had nothing to do with the pool. Let me just state that I think there have to be some ground rules to an office pool. First, I believe at least two people should go purchase the tickets. Copies need to made and distributed to everyone who participates. You have the right to buy your own tickets but to insure no impropriety, they need to be purchased separately. As of this moment, the woman is claiming not to be able to locate the winning ticket.  Really she lost the winning ticket. Come on! Some would call this karma. 

My first problem with her is that she went to the NY Post before she went to the Baltimore Sun (her local newspaper). Why go anywhere till you have all your ducks in a row? For me, that translates to an attorney and a financial planner. The media has fueled the fire by allowing her to continue to hog attention. In my opinion, she would be one of those winners who will eventually be broke. She has seven children. If she has the ticket, I doubt it is lost. Her behind is probably getting her children out of town and setting things up so she claim her millions and get on a plane and disappear. At the rate she's going, she ought to disappear. People do crazy things for money, Disgruntled McDonald's employees would fit that bill. If said ticket exists, it needs to be presented to the MD State Lottery Commissioner by September 28th. We will continue to watch the drama unfold because I can assure you, there will be additional drama. Be careful with those office pools. Money brings out the best and worst in people. Ciao!

Divaliciously Blessed by Jehovah-Jireh,

Pam


No comments:

Post a Comment