Wednesday, February 22, 2012

The Whitney List

When Michael Jackson Died, I posted a list of my favorite songs by him. Like Michael, Whitney Houston defined the music of the 80s. She had a voice like no other. Hands down, she could SANG! Before Houston allowed her voice to be diminished by drugs, she reached heights that few artists will ever achieve. God blessed her with an angelic voice. My absolute favorite song is a classic that we hear over and over, The National Anthem. Houston rendered the most stunning rendition of it ever, during the 1991 Super Bowl. It sent chills through me. It made me proud to be an American. I reviewed Whitney's music catalog and was blown away at the number of songs that I had forgotten. Once I saw the song name, I instantly remembered all the words to as soon as I saw it listed. So here they are, in no particular order. 

1.  The Star Spangled Banner
2.  Saving All My Love For You
3.  The Greatest Love of All-originally recorded by George Benson
4.  One Moment in Time
5.  Who Would Imagine a King
6.  Where Do Broken Hearts Go
7.  You Give Good Love
8.  Run to You
9.  On My Own
10. Miracle
11. I Love the Lord
12. I Believe in You and Me
13. Do You Hear What I Hear
14. Jesus Loves Me
15. I Didn't Know My Own Strength

Rest in Peace, Nippy! There will never be a voice like yours. I hope you really are singing in the heavenly choir!

A Saddened Diva,

Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment