Monday, August 23, 2010

Faith-Do You Have It?

Has anyone ever wondered why some people have faith and others don't? I wonder it all the time. I grew up in the church and I have a strong faith based foundation. God really has never failed me so I put my trust in Him. Please don't think I am perfect and that my faith doesn't waiver...it does from time to time. Honestly , my experience is that the promises of God are true.

When trouble comes and finds me, as it usually does, I meditate on it for a while and then I let God do what He does. I have my own preconceived notions about how I'd like Him to move in situations and He never quite does it in the manner I expect. He does, however, always work in His time and His way. There is an old hymn that goes, "on Christ the solid rock I stand, all other ground is sinking sand." I sing that verse to myself often because you really can't count on your spouse, your friends, or family 100% of the time but you can trust God to do and be all that He promises to be.  It took me becoming an adult to appreciate the truth and wisdom of that hymn.

I am currently out of fellowship and I feel more and more guilty about it on a daily basis. Being out of fellowship is one thing but being out of relationship is another. Despite not having a church to call home, I still pray and read my Bible and do devotions regularly. I love the Lord and I trust His plan for my life. He has blown my mind in countless ways as I go through this life's journey. God will find a way to humble you and let you know that He is in control and you are just a vessel  that He placed here to do His will. I know that some problems have worked out not because of my fleshly efforts but because I put my trust in Him to work things out. So most nights, I sleep peacefully and without anxiety or fear. I know He's in control, not me. We should all be thankful for that.

I encourage you to step out of your box and trust God with all of your stuff for just one day and see what happens. It is so wonderful not to feel burden by life's problems. Once you try one day, try another. If you stumble and become self reliant, God offers second and third( and infinite) chances. We are all works in progress. All it takes is the faith of a mustard seed. FYI-mustard seeds are really tiny. Should you need an account of how faithful God really is, read Hebrews 11. (Check out www.biblegateway.com). Till next time, I will be praying for you to increase your faith an I hope you will do the same for me! Ciao!

Copyright August 23, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

1 comment:

  1. My faith and trust this past week have been tested. Satan has come in and placed so much doubt in my heart that is is effecting home, work and relationship. I go back and forth, thinking, is this GOD or Satan? I begin to doubt myself, my faith and trust in God that He DOES know best and that no matter what happens, good or bad in my eyes, that it will all work out according to His plan. I struggle with that.. more so recently than ever and I have been praying about it. Probably need to be praying more...

    ReplyDelete