Saturday, March 20, 2010

Diva Dialogue III

Okay so I am sorta MIA. Not really, though. At the beginning of the week, my whole family had a stomach bug that had them vomiting for about 24 hours. Poor me! The only one not struck by the bug but handling my nursing responsibilities like a champ.That occurred with the time change. I do not adjust well to that. It usually takes me two weeks to get it together. Let me just tell you that I operated on sleep deprivation for a couple of days.

Spring has come and it is so nice outside here in this area. I have SPRING FEVER! Seriously, my side hustle is in full swing so I've been busy dealing with other people's tax preparation. Uncle Sam has gotta get his due and so do I. Hopefully, you all will be receiving a refund for all your hard work and energy in 2009. I pray none of you has to write the government a check. That sucks royally! Don't forget the deadline for filing your tax return is April 15th!

Much to my handsome husband's satisfaction, I have also stepped up my game in the job search. I have been perusing sites to obtain something meaningful that will give me some income. I sent my resume out so many times this week that my own head is spinning. It is not my favorite way to spend my time. I would like to re-join the work force but I secretly want a dream position to simply drop into my lap.

Also, I got a new toy. I was blessed, by a friend, with an 8G IPod Touch. I absolutely love it! And to think, I thought I was happy with my IPod Nano. Yea me! So I dutifully set out to move my music and start exploring the best apps for me, preferably free ones. Can you believe that I never paid for a song to be downloaded before? I put every one of my songs on my Nano straight from CD. I gave my Nano to my 8 year old and he is happy as a clam. My hubby, not so much. He too wants a Touch. Maybe I will gift him with one. He is the Tech Geek in our humble abode. So what apps do you fabulous readers suggest? I have downloaded a Bible and a couple of games, as well as Pandora and Urbanspoon. What else can I not live without?

In case you were wondering, I still love my Nook. I don't need to feel a book in my hand, nor do I need to smell the pages. The Nook is lightweight and quite handy. I still will not kick the library to the curb. Ain't nothing like a free book. There are free books to download at Barnes & Noble. I am quite surprised at the number of free books out there. What I love though, is that most books are less than $10. I haven't lent a book yet, nor has anyone shared their e-books with me. I did add the B&N app to my Touch. I will NEVER be without a book at my disposal.

I am stagnant with my weight loss. I have lost 15 pounds since January 4, 2010. Since the weather has taken a turn for the better, I can get out and walk. Today, the hubby and I took a long one with the crazy dogs. We came home and they both passed out like we gave them the work-out of their little doggy lives. Now I will be able to ride my bike and vary my work-outs a little more. I am pleased with my progress which is slow and steady. I think I will be 50 pounds lighter by the end of the year, maybe by September. My guess is that if the loss is slow and steady, it will much easier to maintain and keep off. Any suggestions?

Well, that is it for the moment. Happy Spring to each of you. Thank God for the beauty of His creation. It is so wonderful to see the flowers begin to bloom and hear the birds chirping. Don't forget the gift of Christ. Easter is quickly approaching and it is so NOT about the chocolate or the bunnies. It is about Jesus, dying on the cross for our sins and rising three days later. The Resurrection story is very important more so than the Christmas Story, I believe. The Cross is essential to the Believer. It is where Jesus placed all of our sins so we could have eternal life. Till next time, get out and enjoy the weather!

Copyright March 20, 2010 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment