Thursday, November 3, 2011

Thankful, Thankful, Thankful

We are three days into November which means the season of Thanksgiving is upon us. This is my favorite time of year. For the month of November, I always post something on my Facebook page that I am thankful for each day. It can be great or it can be small but nonetheless, we should all be able to find at least three things that we are truly thankful for each day. It looks like quite a few people are also posting their thankful items each day. It is very rewarding for me to read those post because they point to the fact that some people have some deep stuff going on in their lives.

As a parent of children who are definitely a part of the Entitlement Generation, I still try to impress upon my children the fact that they are better than blessed. They have more than they need and quite a few of their wants. I am happy to say that they do have manners. See my previous post if you are wondering why I point this out. I say this often, on our worst day, we are still more blessed than a whole lot of other people on their best day, especially those in other countries. We should never take anything for granted and gratitude goes a long way with people. Too whom much is given, much is required.

I lift this challenge to you. Take the time to note at least three things that you are thankful for from now till Thanksgiving Day. You don't have to post the list on Facebook, nor do you have to tell a friend. You can meditate on those things and simply express your gratitude. Believe me, focusing on the positive will make you feel good throughout your day. If the day looks like it might go wrong, go back and reflect on those things again. Every morning, I sing, "Count your blessings, name them one by one!" I hope you will rise to the challenge. Feel free to share your experience with me! Till next time, be blessed and be a blessing. Someone needs you this holiday season and you probably don't have to look to far to bless them. Ciao!







Copyright November 3, 2011 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

1 comment:

  1. Good advice! I think if we started every day, all year, with 3 things that we are thankful for, it would make a world of difference...

    Today I'm thankful for my friend Jeanine, who's celebrating a birthday and whose generous spirit humbles me every time I'm around her! Thankful too for the freedom to worship God without being imprisoned - like many of my brothers and sisters in the world - and thankful that God gives me warnings when I need to rest and doesn't just let me pass out. ;-)

    Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete