Thursday, October 8, 2009

Miss Read's Favorite Things

We all have things we absolutely love and can't live without. You know those things we could be a billboard for. The things we keep talking about and raving to anyone who will listen. You know how Oprah has the show where she gives the audience all of her favorite things, well it is one of the few episodes, I always try to watch. Who doesn't love a giveaway? Sorry, I ain't Oprah and as of the moment I can't afford to give away anything. I told you that I was going to be random in my posts. I also want you to get to know me, so I am going to share a few things with you. So what do I love.....let me share the obsessions........

1. MAC Products particularly, lipsticks, blushes, and lipglasses is my favorite make-up. A few of my favorite colors are Sophisto, Hushabye, Viva Glam VI, and Chintz. If you think MAC is too pricey, don't sleep on Avon. They have hip color choices and they are not too expensive.

2. Real Simple, InStyle, and Essence are my favorite magazines. You can't beat RS's info for cooking and organizing, Essence addresses issues that are important for African American women, and InStyle for fashion in all price ranges.

3. Scrabble is my favorite board game and I have it on my computer too. I love my Wii, Mario Kart and Wii Resort are two of my favorite games.

4. Bookstores are my favorite place to browse. I prefer Barnes and Noble over Borders. Books-A-Million is great too.

5.  If you need a good author, check out John Sandford, J. California Cooper, Francine Rivers, or Jodi Picoult. Each of them is good in a different way. JCC captures the essence of human nature in all of her characters. JS writes and excellent suspense novel. JP deals with difficult issues and choices no one ever hopes to be faced with. FR handles Christian fiction in a real, uncondemning way.

6. If I am not in a bookstore, chances are you will find me in Home Goods, TJMaxx, Marshalls, or Ross. I don't believe in paying full price for hardly anything. Despite my passion for inexpensive, I know my clothes never look cheap.

7. While I know there are cheap candles to be found, I still love Yankee Candle Store. My favs are Harvest, Island Mango, Mango Peach Salsa, and Holiday Home Sweet Home.

8. A well dressed man. Whoo Hoo! Ain't nothing sexier. If he smells good, that's even better.


9. I love sweet tea, think GA sweet. I like Moscato, a sweet white wine. I make a mean sangria and an awesome Strawberry Daquiri, I'd drink them anytime and so would my family and friends. Pepsi is my cola of choice. I love Simply Lemonade's Raspberry Lemonade too. Finally, if you haven't tried Cranberry Splash Sierra Mist, you are missing a treat.

10. Shot glasses! I love them, I collect them, I have them sent to me by my friends from locations that I have not visited. The more unique the better.

I could go on and on but I can save it for another time and another post. One day I will put together a collection of my favorite things to give to a dedicated reader, so keep checking me out because you never know what surprises I might have in store for you! Til next time...Peace and blessings!

Copyright October  8, 2009 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment