Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Diva Dialogue-September, 2011

So I have a few minutes so I thought I'd whip out a blog. Hey, y'all! School started yesterday. I now have a high schooler and a 5th grader. Time flies when you have children. My grandmother told me that long ago and of course she is correct.

So there are quite a few things going on. First and foremost, the GOP presidential candidates are trying to gear up for what is going to be a long dreaded race. I am so not feeling that. Obama has a fight on his hands with one of those fools folks. Here's my opinion, Obama has been soft and the public is pissed. They hate the health care plan, there are still few new jobs, and most are hoping for a different type of change.  Congress has been hard and unyielding. Frankly, I am sure they can care less what their constituents desire as long as they have yet another chance to disagree with the POTUS. I think it is time for Obama to take a hard stance on something and follow it through. I really want him to have a Southside Chicago moment but America would then label him an angry Black man and we definitely don't need that.

Normally, I don't watch the Oscars but this year, I just might. Eddie Murphy has been selected to host the event. I am kinda intrigued by that. He is an impressive comedian who I think can be edgy but not rub folks the wrong way like Piers Morgan did. We'll see! Only time can tell. I will tune it and see what I think for myself. Hopefully, this year will include some movies that people actually go to see and enjoy.

So Beyonce is preggers. Do we care? I think not. I am happy for her and Jay-Z. Let's hope the baby gets the best of both of them. When I think about it, that baby could turn out to be not very cute. Let's hope it gets the best of the talent pool too.

I am cynical about Hollywood marriages. I hope Jada and Will don't come out in a couple of weeks talking about their marriage is over ala Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony. Rumor has it that Jada and Marc had an affair. My question is this, if you have an open marriage, can you really have an affair? IMHO, Marc Anthony is not attractive. He looks kinda dirty to me. Oh and for those of you who don't know, Hawthorne was cancelled.

Kate Gosselin is job hunting. Any takers? TLC finally cancelled her lame show and no she has to find a legit gig to take care of her eight children. Ex-spouse, Jon, is probably very happy since being on television was detrimental to his kid's normalcy. As if they could be normal with such crazy parents.

Shaunie O'Neal should be ashamed of herself. I don't watch either of her shows but let's face it, they are crap. None of the so called Basketball Wives are in fact, wives. Oh I forgot, you can be a former wife, a groupie, or a baby mama and qualify. Makes me wanna holler! I know I expected Shaunie to produce a more classy show and held her to a standard that she obviously didn't deserve. Shaunie is prostituting those women and they are desperate enough to let her. She sits back and chills while they make complete fools of themselves. Why? because she is getting paid, that's why. Diva lesson for the day: Never sell your soul for the Almighty Dollar!

Okay that is it for now. Real random, right? I know I am sorry, it just had to come out. On a more serious note, in a few days, it will be the tenth anniversary of 9/11. There are quite a few television remembrances being shown. If you weren't affected, be thankful. If you were, my heart and prayers go out to you. Let's all reflect and remember the lessons that we have learned as a result of that day. America is a strong country and we move on, but we are ultimately shaped by everything that takes place in our conveluted history. Till next time, peace and blessings!

Copyright September 7, 2011 by Pamela Cole Thorpe

No comments:

Post a Comment